VIsta Networking

Mike

VIsta Networking
I am trying to share a folder on one vista home premium machine with another
identical machine. I have password protected sharing disabled. When I
right-click on the folder I want to share and then click on share, the
"share" button in the folder properties box is disabled...grayed out. So I
can't click it. Nor do I get a File Sharing dialogue box anywhere. I can
click on the "advanced sharing" button, which opens a dialogue box, but then
there is no option of clicking "Everyone" as a share choice. Thanks for your
help.
--
Mike
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: VIsta Networking
Make sure you have enable file and printer sharing?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

news0DEBA95-BDE6-4020-9156-EA9F8000C594@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to share a folder on one vista home premium machine with
>another
> identical machine. I have password protected sharing disabled. When I
> right-click on the folder I want to share and then click on share, the
> "share" button in the folder properties box is disabled...grayed out. So
> can't click it. Nor do I get a File Sharing dialogue box anywhere. I can
> click on the "advanced sharing" button, which opens a dialogue box, but
> then
> there is no option of clicking "Everyone" as a share choice. Thanks for
> your
> help.
> --
> Mike