Device accidentally removed from Media sharing list

Snorre

Device accidentally removed from Media sharing list
Hi,

I accidentally removed a device (Xbox 360) from the list of devices allowed
in the Media sharing window. I have searched for a way to make the device to
reappear in the list, to no luck.

Any suggestions?
SirBlakesmore

RE: Device accidentally removed from Media sharing list

I have this same problem and thought I would bump this thread to see if
anyone could help.

"Snorre" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I accidentally removed a device (Xbox 360) from the list of devices allowed
> in the Media sharing window. I have searched for a way to make the device to
> reappear in the list, to no luck.
>
> Any suggestions?

Barb Bowman

Re: Device accidentally removed from Media sharing list
did you remove the pc association in the Xbox dashboard so it could
be re-associated?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

D1anonly is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is exactly what I think you need. I did the same thing and after two weeks of trying I ran accross this post. It worked pefectly :

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...d=86802#M86802

-[edited-1/19/08]Another issue is not seeing your PS3(should be seen as "unknown device) in the “Media Share” window within Windows Media Player 11. What has caused this is not known to me. It may be because it was deleted in the Media Share window. But anyhow, there are three possible ways to fix it. The first way may be the best way....

-

This fix was found and edited by Hamah, and he and I confirm this as a successfull solution. I would highly recommend tring this first.

"Originally Posted by daveon View PostSuccess at last...

Check Event viewer and look for errors on the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

If you get the event error 14344 then you need to upgrade your DRM component. (I did not have these errors but followed this process anyway)

You can upgrade the DRM component here: http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...en/indivit.asp

Though you must be using IE as your browser.

If you encounter DRM issues, cannot upgrade/update your DRM component, or see the grayed out 'Upgrade' buttons on the Security component upgrade page, it may be worth the while to check below link:

DRM Reset Utility - to download go and get this program here:
http://www.netflix.com/pages/previews/resetdrm.exe

(I had to run this as the upgrade button was grayed out for me.)

Remember to restart your computer after running the utility.

Once you have restarted your PC go back to the DRM component upgrade site:
http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...en/indivit.asp

You should now be able to run the upgrade. Once the upgrade is complete check your 360 and your PC should be there."

yuppers519 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Device accidentally removed from Media sharing list
I too have accidently deleted a device in windows media player and do not know how to get it back. Also none of the links here are working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1anonly View Post