TRANSFER SETTINGS FROM XP TO VISTA

Lindsay Graham

TRANSFER SETTINGS FROM XP TO VISTA
I have a network of 3 computers, let's say A (an XP desktop), B (XP laptop)
and C (a new Vista desktop), the latter having an external hard drive (say
D) attached to it. I had trouble importing folders from Outlook Express on
B to Windows Mail on C, so read up about Windows Easy Transfer (WET) and
decided to try that.

But WET failed 3/4 through, saying that there was an error with an I/O
device. And now something has happened to some of the network connections,
and I cannot re-connect. B says that C and D are Disconnected Network
Drives and every time I try to re-map them, I'm asked for User name and
Password. But I don't know what the User name might be, and I've never
applied passwords to any of the drives on the network. And when mapping
previously, I've never been asked for User name and Password.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Lindsay Graham
Canberra, Australia

Mick Murphy

RE: TRANSFER SETTINGS FROM XP TO VISTA

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

from an XP computer.

Lindsay, I sent the above as I don't know how you set up your network.
But, if you are trying to access Vista from XP, and it demands a username
and password, in vista's Network and Sharing, turn OFF password protected.

Mick Murphy - Gold Coast