2 Wire with Vista connection problems

Monkeyboy

2 Wire with Vista connection problems
Hi I have a 2 wire wireless gateway. Standard story works well with 2 other
wireless Xp machines I have in my home. Works fine when connected directly
in the the gateway. It looses connection with the internet using the
wireless connection during browsing. a page will load fine then the next
link says page can not be displayed.

runnin vista home premium.
Chuck [MVP]

Re: 2 Wire with Vista connection problems
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:30:02 -0800, Monkeyboy
<Monkeyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi I have a 2 wire wireless gateway. Standard story works well with 2 other
>wireless Xp machines I have in my home. Works fine when connected directly
>in the the gateway. It looses connection with the internet using the
>wireless connection during browsing. a page will load fine then the next
>link says page can not be displayed.
>
>runnin vista home premium.

Have you applied the Vista compatibility, performance, and reliability fixes?
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/10/windows-vista-is-maturing.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/1...-maturing.html

Do you have the latest drivers for your WiFi adapter, obtained from the vendor?
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/06/driver-problems-causing-intermittent.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/0...ermittent.html

--
Cheers,
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
Monkeyboy

Re: 2 Wire with Vista connection problems
Hi Chuck appreciate the reply I tried the 2nd link from the KB says does not
apply to my system. I looked over 2 wire website cant find a driver update.
I posted the question on 2wire.com. System is only about 2 weeks old.

"Chuck [MVP]" wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:30:02 -0800, Monkeyboy
> <Monkeyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi I have a 2 wire wireless gateway. Standard story works well with 2 other
> >wireless Xp machines I have in my home. Works fine when connected directly
> >in the the gateway. It looses connection with the internet using the
> >wireless connection during browsing. a page will load fine then the next
> >link says page can not be displayed.
> >
> >runnin vista home premium.

> Have you applied the Vista compatibility, performance, and reliability fixes?
> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/10/windows-vista-is-maturing.html>
> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/1...-maturing.html
>
> Do you have the latest drivers for your WiFi adapter, obtained from the vendor?
> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/06/driver-problems-causing-intermittent.html>
> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/0...ermittent.html
>
> --
> Cheers,
> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
> My email is AT DOT
> actual address pchuck mvps org.

Chuck [MVP]

Re: 2 Wire with Vista connection problems
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:53:01 -0800, Monkeyboy
<Monkeyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Chuck [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:30:02 -0800, Monkeyboy
>> <Monkeyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi I have a 2 wire wireless gateway. Standard story works well with 2 other
>> >wireless Xp machines I have in my home. Works fine when connected directly
>> >in the the gateway. It looses connection with the internet using the
>> >wireless connection during browsing. a page will load fine then the next
>> >link says page can not be displayed.
>> >
>> >runnin vista home premium.

>> Have you applied the Vista compatibility, performance, and reliability fixes?
>> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/10/windows-vista-is-maturing.html>
>> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/1...-maturing.html
>>
>> Do you have the latest drivers for your WiFi adapter, obtained from the vendor?
>> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/06/driver-problems-causing-intermittent.html>
>> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/0...ermittent.html

>Hi Chuck appreciate the reply I tried the 2nd link from the KB says does not
>apply to my system. I looked over 2 wire website cant find a driver update.
>I posted the question on 2wire.com. System is only about 2 weeks old.

OK, that's where we start, so now we move on. Let's diagnose the "It looses
connection with the internet using the wireless connection during browsing. a
page will load fine then the next link says page can not be displayed." problem
description. When you get "... page can not be displayed.", what do you do to
recover? Or does the problem go away, on its own?

I'm thinking either a DNS or MTU problem fits the problem, here. Depending upon
the pattern of the problem - how often does the problem come up, and how do you
recover?
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/05/identifying-dns-problem-in-your.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...m-in-your.html
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/06/determining-mtu-to-single-server.html>