Vista home on domain from 2003 server

Hans Bouwman

Vista home on domain from 2003 server
Hi,
i have a problem.
I have a network with a 2003 server and a internet server (winroute).
After installing my new notebook from siemens, internet works fine.
I have a wired lan.
When i try to log into my 2003 domain server, the notebook always tells me
that the password is incorrect.
In dutch : AANMELDEN MISLUKT.
U KAN NIET WORDEN AANGEMELD.
CONTROLEER OF UW GEBRUIKERSNAAM EN WACHTWOORD JUIST.

Why is this happening and what can i do to solve the problem ?

Hans Bouwman

Malke

Re: Vista home on domain from 2003 server
Hans Bouwman wrote:
> Hi,
> i have a problem.
> I have a network with a 2003 server and a internet server (winroute).
> After installing my new notebook from siemens, internet works fine.
> I have a wired lan.
> When i try to log into my 2003 domain server, the notebook always tells me
> that the password is incorrect.
> In dutch : AANMELDEN MISLUKT.
> U KAN NIET WORDEN AANGEMELD.
> CONTROLEER OF UW GEBRUIKERSNAAM EN WACHTWOORD JUIST.
>
> Why is this happening and what can i do to solve the problem ?

Vista Home cannot join a domain although, like XP Home before it, it can
use domain resources. Did you create a user account and password on the
server that matches the one on your notebook? If not, you need to do
this. Since Vista Home will not cache the credentials, you'll need to
enter your user name and password each time you want to connect to the
domain.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Hans Bouwman

Re: Vista home on domain from 2003 server
Accout is the same on both machines.
I created an account with same name and password on both vista machine and
2003 server.
What else could be wrong ?

Hans.

Hans Bouwman wrote:
> Accout is the same on both machines.
> I created an account with same name and password on both vista machine and
> 2003 server.
> What else could be wrong ?

>> Hans Bouwman wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> i have a problem.
>>> I have a network with a 2003 server and a internet server (winroute).
>>> After installing my new notebook from siemens, internet works fine.
>>> I have a wired lan.
>>> When i try to log into my 2003 domain server, the notebook always tells
>>> me that the password is incorrect.
>>> In dutch : AANMELDEN MISLUKT.
>>> U KAN NIET WORDEN AANGEMELD.
>>> CONTROLEER OF UW GEBRUIKERSNAAM EN WACHTWOORD JUIST.

Hans, unfortunately (for me!) I can't read Dutch so I am just guessing
at the exact meaning of your error message. I'd double-check your typing
of both the user account name and the password on both machines. I'd
also check the firewall settings on the laptop to make sure the LAN
connection is trusted. If that doesn't help, post in one of the MS
newsgroups for the Dutch language. Here's a list of all the MS public
newsgroups so you can find the *nl groups for Vista:

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Jeffrey Randow

Re: Vista home on domain from 2003 server
Also, don't forget that for domains, you should give your username as
DOMAINNAME\USERNAME...
---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com