Acer 5315 series model ICL50 notebook wireless woes

Fred

Acer 5315 series model ICL50 notebook wireless woes
Hi, I have a Acer Acer 5315 series model ICL50 notebook running
windows vista
basic (Wilmar special from beginning of November)It has a onboard
Atheros
AR5007EG wireless network adapter Here is my problem it connects to my
wireless
connection stays connected for a few minutes open web pages ect then
it drops
the Internet connection.I can go down to the connections in the tool
bar and
reestablish the connection stays connected for awhile then drops.Acer
tech
support told me to first to install and reinstall driver did that no
difference
then they had me reinstall whole operating system did that no
difference.Ive
tried this on various networks with the same results also they tried
to say it
was my wireless network when I have another laptop and desktop that
work just
fine here.Any Ideas on what the problem could be or what would fix it?
Thanks in
advance and whatever you do do not buy an Acer there tech support is
inept and
thats putting it kindly and there products are weak
daddyO

Re: Acer 5315 series model ICL50 notebook wireless woes

Update the wireless card driver while connected via an ethernet cable
otherwise you''ll probably loose the connection while updating driver.
I had the same problem with the same model. Was told by acer & did the
same things you did . I then sent back to acer had the same problem when
I received it back from them (they said no problem with wireless card.)
I was going to throw the computer out since it was useless. I tried 1
last thing----- updating the driver on my own & since then I have not
had any connection issues. I cannot beleive that acer tech support does
not recommend this. The 1st thing ACERR had me do was delete wireless
card & let vista find it again, they were on the right track HOWEVER it
used the same driver that was preinstalled originally. I must have
wasted 20 hrs on the phone with acer & shipping cost back to them.I hope
this post saves you & others some time, & money!!!

--
daddyO
lw1651

Re: Acer 5315 series model ICL50 notebook wireless woes

I have had the same problems that you have stated. I called Acer and was
told that it was my provider. I called them and they said it was my
computer wireless card. So I threw my hands up and started looking at
my router. It was a Linksys. It had worked for two years. I threw it out
and bought a D Link. What a mistake. Between Acer, Dlink, and At&t I
thought I was going crazy. I went and got Belkin took five minutes to
start it up and it has been working over a year. I also had dowloaded
drivers and was told to go buy a card. But it was my router.
Oh and by the way I used it this summer on vacation at various motels
from Texas to New Mexico and did not have a problem. So I conclude that
the internal card must be ok.

JC

--
lw1651