Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Something missing in "Network Connections" screen?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007
anthonyx26
 

Posts: n/a
Something missing in "Network Connections" screen?
http://24.62.186.52/tmp/ncss.png

It seems as though "New Outgoing Connection" should also be listed in this
menu, afterall, the vast majority of connections made from a Vista PC will
be outgoing.

- anthonyx26

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2007
Jeffrey Randow
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Something missing in "Network Connections" screen?
It's not in the Manage Network Connection screen. Go back to Network
and Sharing Center and select "Set up a connection or network"..

This is one of my GUI gotchas for Vista...
---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:42:18 -0500, "anthonyx26" <anthonyx26@gmail.com>
wrote:

>http://24.62.186.52/tmp/ncss.png
>
>It seems as though "New Outgoing Connection" should also be listed in this
>menu, afterall, the vast majority of connections made from a Vista PC will
>be outgoing.
>
>- anthonyx26

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2007
anthonyx26
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Something missing in "Network Connections" screen?
"Jeffrey Randow" <jeffreycentex@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:un5pl3tbqbs5fvble82tnmpu9n86ss9isq@4ax.com...
> It's not in the Manage Network Connection screen. Go back to Network
> and Sharing Center and select "Set up a connection or network"..


Yes, I knew where to configure it, just thought it was counterintuitive that
it wasn't also in "Network Connections".

> This is one of my GUI gotchas for Vista...


As well it should be! ;-)

cheers,
anthonyx26

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2007
Jeffrey Randow
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Something missing in "Network Connections" screen?
It actually took me a while to find it at first for the same reason...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:49:33 -0500, "anthonyx26"
<anthonyx26@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Jeffrey Randow" <jeffreycentex@gmail.com> wrote in message
>news:un5pl3tbqbs5fvble82tnmpu9n86ss9isq@4ax.com.. .
>> It's not in the Manage Network Connection screen. Go back to Network
>> and Sharing Center and select "Set up a connection or network"..

>
>Yes, I knew where to configure it, just thought it was counterintuitive that
>it wasn't also in "Network Connections".
>
>> This is one of my GUI gotchas for Vista...

>
>As well it should be! ;-)
>
>cheers,
>anthonyx26

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ID: 938723 "Hibernates" or "hibernation" appears instead of "sleeps" or "sleep" in Power Options in the Traditional Chinese (CHT) version of Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 938906 Error message when you run the NetProj.exe utility on a Windows Vista-based computer to connect to a network projector: "The network projector is unable to display your desktop at the current screen resolution." KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
How can I add the icons "Delete", "Cut", "Copy" and "Paste" in Vis Moonwalker microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 5 09-17-2007 23:53
Missing "Documents" and "Music" folder. Sean microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 04-05-2007 05:36
Missing "Documents" and "Music" folders after upgrade from Windows XP. Anyone know how to recreate them? Sean microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 5 04-05-2007 04:24




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:33.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120