Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Microsoft Network Client

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007
Armando Camejo
 

Posts: n/a
Microsoft Network Client
Hello,

I accidentally uninstalled my Windows network client on my XP Business
Laptop. I went to try to add it back in, but there are no options listed
under the client window...Does anyone have any idea where to add this back on?
--
AC
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Network Client
I am not sure I understand the issue. However, if you remove the NIC and
re-install it, the client for Microsoft Network should be there.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
http://www.HowToNetworking.com


"Armando Camejo" <ArmandoCamejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9A317E4D-F7E2-42C7-9E23-D5A37A406119@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I accidentally uninstalled my Windows network client on my XP Business
> Laptop. I went to try to add it back in, but there are no options listed
> under the client window...Does anyone have any idea where to add this back
> on?
> --
> AC


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007
Armando Camejo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Network Client
I do remove the NIC card and have Vista pick it up again and install the
drivers, the client does not come back.
--
AC


"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> I am not sure I understand the issue. However, if you remove the NIC and
> re-install it, the client for Microsoft Network should be there.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>
>
> "Armando Camejo" <ArmandoCamejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9A317E4D-F7E2-42C7-9E23-D5A37A406119@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I accidentally uninstalled my Windows network client on my XP Business
> > Laptop. I went to try to add it back in, but there are no options listed
> > under the client window...Does anyone have any idea where to add this back
> > on?
> > --
> > AC

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007
Jeffrey Randow
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Network Client
Not always... I found that out the hard way... I haven't done it in
Vista, though... In XP, I manually deleted everything related to that
hardware item in the registry and then re-enabled it and let PNP do
its work...
---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:13:12 -0600, "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)"
<noreply@chicagotech.net> wrote:

>I am not sure I understand the issue. However, if you remove the NIC and
>re-install it, the client for Microsoft Network should be there.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007
Armando Camejo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Network Client
Thanks...That worked.
--
AC


"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:

> Not always... I found that out the hard way... I haven't done it in
> Vista, though... In XP, I manually deleted everything related to that
> hardware item in the registry and then re-enabled it and let PNP do
> its work...
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow
> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> http://www.networkblog.net
>
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:13:12 -0600, "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)"
> <noreply@chicagotech.net> wrote:
>
> >I am not sure I understand the issue. However, if you remove the NIC and
> >re-install it, the client for Microsoft Network should be there.

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Network Client
Thank you for the feedback.

Thank you for the input, Jeffrey.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
http://www.HowToNetworking.com


"Armando Camejo" <ArmandoCamejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1281EA35-B759-481C-8935-8D93BF123DEA@microsoft.com...
> Thanks...That worked.
> --
> AC
>
>
> "Jeffrey Randow" wrote:
>
>> Not always... I found that out the hard way... I haven't done it in
>> Vista, though... In XP, I manually deleted everything related to that
>> hardware item in the registry and then re-enabled it and let PNP do
>> its work...
>> ---
>> Jeffrey Randow
>> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
>> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
>> http://www.networkblog.net
>>
>> On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:13:12 -0600, "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)"
>> <noreply@chicagotech.net> wrote:
>>
>> >I am not sure I understand the issue. However, if you remove the NIC and
>> >re-install it, the client for Microsoft Network should be there.

>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding Network Printers to a client machine JerryA microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 3 10-01-2007 18:55
[Info] Nuevo antivirus de Microsoft para empresas: Microsoft Forefront Client Security Enrique [MVP Windows] microsoft.public.es.windowsvista 0 05-02-2007 10:04
AT&T Global Network Client Arbiter microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 02-14-2007 18:46




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:25.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120