Wireless will not immediately initialise

Chuds

Wireless will not immediately initialise
I have got one of these...
BELKIN F5D7050UK WIRELESS 54G USB NETWORKING ADAPTER

to make my PC connect to my wireless network, i set up the connection within
vista and it found my network and connects fantastically, always "Excellent"
strength.

but the problem i am having is that when i switch on my PC it loads
everything up but the wireless network is found but will not connect,
eventhough i have set the setting to do so automatically. ATM i am having to
unplug and replug the device at which point it connects automatically!!

any ideas?
Mick Murphy

RE: Wireless will not immediately initialise
If you right-click on the network connection, and properties,there is a spot
to tick to connect auto!

"Chuds" wrote:

> I have got one of these...
> BELKIN F5D7050UK WIRELESS 54G USB NETWORKING ADAPTER
>
> to make my PC connect to my wireless network, i set up the connection within
> vista and it found my network and connects fantastically, always "Excellent"
> strength.
>
> but the problem i am having is that when i switch on my PC it loads
> everything up but the wireless network is found but will not connect,
> eventhough i have set the setting to do so automatically. ATM i am having to
> unplug and replug the device at which point it connects automatically!!
>
> any ideas?

Chuds

RE: Wireless will not immediately initialise
Sorry, but i did state in my origional request that i had "have set the
setting to do so automatically" and the issue still persists

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> If you right-click on the network connection, and properties,there is a spot
> to tick to connect auto!
>
> "Chuds" wrote:
>
> > I have got one of these...
> > BELKIN F5D7050UK WIRELESS 54G USB NETWORKING ADAPTER
> >
> > to make my PC connect to my wireless network, i set up the connection within
> > vista and it found my network and connects fantastically, always "Excellent"
> > strength.
> >
> > but the problem i am having is that when i switch on my PC it loads
> > everything up but the wireless network is found but will not connect,
> > eventhough i have set the setting to do so automatically. ATM i am having to
> > unplug and replug the device at which point it connects automatically!!
> >
> > any ideas?

JR

RE: Wireless will not immediately initialise
I have the same problem. plugging replugging does the trick. I just saw
something about network discovery can take up to 15 minutes to see an xp
machine. I never waited 15 minutes to see if vista would go out and auto
connect. We have a TrendNet usb stick.

Not sure if my problem is same as yours but sure looks that way. I am going
to look for a usb discovery setting. Maybe this is a security default
setting.

Post if you figure it out please.

JR
www.myspace.com/vviperv

RE: Wireless will not immediately initialise
hi my name is asif i am 14 years old and i have been studying computers for 2
years reading books reaserch etc etc....i no my grammer isnt great and you
may not take my advise but i have my own intranet server in my house and my
brother has recently brought a dell witch has windows vista and im
experiencing the same problem there are many ways to fix such as disabling
the wep key and leaving your network insecure i no but so far i have found
that so far but you can kinda cheet it by buyign mcafee wireless network
security and securing it from there witch gives it a 3rd party encryption on
it hop it helps kind requrds
Asif thanks