Network Problems

Murray MacGillivray

Network Problems
I have just installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer (dual boot
with XP Home) and have almost everything working. The exception is my home
network (internet connection is fine). My Vista and XP machines do not see
each other (they do when both booted to XP). I have double checked to make
sure the workgroup names are the same. I have installed the LLTD Responder
on the XP machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

koze

Re: Network Problems

"Murray MacGillivray" <murray.mac(remove@this)shaw.ca> schreef in bericht
>I have just installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer (dual boot
> with XP Home) and have almost everything working. The exception is my home
> network (internet connection is fine). My Vista and XP machines do not see
> each other (they do when both booted to XP). I have double checked to make
> sure the workgroup names are the same. I have installed the LLTD Responder
> on the XP machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe this will help:

for other PC's

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net..._fp.mspx#EZOAC

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE8u?=

RE: Network Problems
My solution was shutting off my Norton Firewall!!! A friend of mine with
Vista had to shut off his firewall as well! Worth a shot!

"Murray MacGillivray" wrote:

> I have just installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer (dual boot
> with XP Home) and have almost everything working. The exception is my home
> network (internet connection is fine). My Vista and XP machines do not see
> each other (they do when both booted to XP). I have double checked to make
> sure the workgroup names are the same. I have installed the LLTD Responder
> on the XP machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Murray MacGillivray

Re: Network Problems
The only firewall I have going at moment is the built in one

"koze" <koze@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

> "Murray MacGillivray" <murray.mac(remove@this)shaw.ca> schreef in bericht
>>I have just installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer (dual boot
>> with XP Home) and have almost everything working. The exception is my
>> home
>> network (internet connection is fine). My Vista and XP machines do not
>> see
>> each other (they do when both booted to XP). I have double checked to
>> make
>> sure the workgroup names are the same. I have installed the LLTD
>> Responder
>> on the XP machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>

> Maybe this will help:

> for other PC's
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net..._fp.mspx#EZOAC

Thank you for the information. From what I can tell, I have this all set
correctly

Murray MacGillivray

Re: Network Problems

"Murray MacGillivray" <murray.mac(remove@this)shaw.ca> wrote in message
>I have just installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer (dual boot
> with XP Home) and have almost everything working. The exception is my home
> network (internet connection is fine). My Vista and XP machines do not see
> each other (they do when both booted to XP). I have double checked to make
> sure the workgroup names are the same. I have installed the LLTD Responder
> on the XP machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried all suggestions made in this thread and still no luck. Could I
be looking in the wrong direction?

Murray MacGillivray