Vista recognizing xp folders, but can't open...

=?Utf-8?B?RWQ0Mw==?=

Vista recognizing xp folders, but can't open...
My Vista is a notebook and networked at my home. The other two are XP. By
turning off McAfee Firewall, my XP's finally can "see" shared folders" from
Vista, but can't open them--says something like "Can't access-no permission"

I think I have done everything I can to try to shre the files and folders.
Gateway says it's an IP Vista/XP issue but I don't buy it. They also told me
that my Vista wouldn't recognize my XP's because of my router--but as usual
they were wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, I thought I got free help from Microsoft and got on their website, but
it keeps on asking for a product number--but the back of my computer only
lists a Product key number and it doesnt match the format Microsft wants.
Any help?
=?Utf-8?B?R3BzYWdlbnQ=?=

RE: Vista recognizing xp folders, but can't open...
Turn on the guest account on the Vista Computer. This solved the problem for
me

"Ed43" wrote:

> My Vista is a notebook and networked at my home. The other two are XP. By
> turning off McAfee Firewall, my XP's finally can "see" shared folders" from
> Vista, but can't open them--says something like "Can't access-no permission"
>
> I think I have done everything I can to try to shre the files and folders.
> Gateway says it's an IP Vista/XP issue but I don't buy it. They also told me
> that my Vista wouldn't recognize my XP's because of my router--but as usual
> they were wrong. Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Also, I thought I got free help from Microsoft and got on their website, but
> it keeps on asking for a product number--but the back of my computer only
> lists a Product key number and it doesnt match the format Microsft wants.
> Any help?

Westley

Re: Vista recognizing xp folders, but can't open...
Read the post I made earlier "Vista and XP shares"; this may resolve your
problems!