Recognition of VISTA Sharing

=?Utf-8?B?YXRpdmFy?=

Recognition of VISTA Sharing
I have now, and it is thru dumb luck, managed to get my XP laptop to
recognize and access VISTA. Thanks to an answer of an article by Eric Haines
posted 2/27 I was previouly able to get my VISTA to access my XP.
Now - As I look at my VISTA screen all I see are my shared printer icons and
a Send to OneNote 2007.
None of my 'shared' allocated folders are shown.
Is this new, or have I missed something else?

Thanks for the help Eric, even if you don't get to see this!

Red Merchant

=?Utf-8?B?YXRpdmFy?=

RE: Recognition of VISTA Sharing
I know, you're not supposed to answer your own question. However, when you
find it out by accident, it's not all that bad. I just wish that MS would
include the proper instructions for accomplishing the feat we are attempting.

The answer. Shut off all machines! Restart - Viola - I can see clearly all
my files, folders et al. on all machines. Ain't tech wonderful?!?!?

Red Merchant

"ativar" wrote:

> I have now, and it is thru dumb luck, managed to get my XP laptop to
> recognize and access VISTA. Thanks to an answer of an article by Eric Haines
> posted 2/27 I was previouly able to get my VISTA to access my XP.
> Now - As I look at my VISTA screen all I see are my shared printer icons and
> a Send to OneNote 2007.
> None of my 'shared' allocated folders are shown.
> Is this new, or have I missed something else?
>
> Thanks for the help Eric, even if you don't get to see this!
>
> Red Merchant

=?Utf-8?B?RWQ0Mw==?=

RE: Recognition of VISTA Sharing
Red
This is my exact problem. If you figure it out please let me know.
ekempers@zoominternet.net
Thanks

"ativar" wrote:

> I have now, and it is thru dumb luck, managed to get my XP laptop to
> recognize and access VISTA. Thanks to an answer of an article by Eric Haines
> posted 2/27 I was previouly able to get my VISTA to access my XP.
> Now - As I look at my VISTA screen all I see are my shared printer icons and
> a Send to OneNote 2007.
> None of my 'shared' allocated folders are shown.
> Is this new, or have I missed something else?
>
> Thanks for the help Eric, even if you don't get to see this!
>
> Red Merchant

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE8u?=

RE: Recognition of VISTA Sharing
Hi!

I have a similar problem with my Vista Ultimate and XP Home machine.
Everything goes fine for a while, but after I have left both machines sit for
a couple of hours, Vista Loses it's connection to the XP machine. It can see
teh computer, but no shared drives.

I documented this more thourougly in this thread:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...h aring&fltr=

No luck in findian a solution other than what I have posted there.

"ativar" wrote:

> I have now, and it is thru dumb luck, managed to get my XP laptop to
> recognize and access VISTA. Thanks to an answer of an article by Eric Haines
> posted 2/27 I was previouly able to get my VISTA to access my XP.
> Now - As I look at my VISTA screen all I see are my shared printer icons and
> a Send to OneNote 2007.
> None of my 'shared' allocated folders are shown.
> Is this new, or have I missed something else?
>
> Thanks for the help Eric, even if you don't get to see this!
>
> Red Merchant

=?Utf-8?B?YXRpdmFy?=

RE: Recognition of VISTA Sharing
That's something I have not experienced. If I leave my system, V, for any
length of time, I 'sleep' it, and the same for X if necessary. They come
right back up and afford me access. Don't know if that will help or not.

Red

"Rob O." wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a similar problem with my Vista Ultimate and XP Home machine.
> Everything goes fine for a while, but after I have left both machines sit for
> a couple of hours, Vista Loses it's connection to the XP machine. It can see
> teh computer, but no shared drives.
>
> I documented this more thourougly in this thread:
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...h aring&fltr=
>
> No luck in findian a solution other than what I have posted there.
>

> "ativar" wrote:
>
> > I have now, and it is thru dumb luck, managed to get my XP laptop to
> > recognize and access VISTA. Thanks to an answer of an article by Eric Haines
> > posted 2/27 I was previouly able to get my VISTA to access my XP.
> > Now - As I look at my VISTA screen all I see are my shared printer icons and
> > a Send to OneNote 2007.
> > None of my 'shared' allocated folders are shown.
> > Is this new, or have I missed something else?
> >
> > Thanks for the help Eric, even if you don't get to see this!
> >
> > Red Merchant

=?Utf-8?B?YXRpdmFy?=

RE: Recognition of VISTA Sharing
Ed I don't know which part - but after I restarted the machines, having done
everything that everyone else recommended, I was able to see and use both
machines in the net. You might want to look at Robs note at the bottom here.

Red