sharing with vista media player and syncing to mobile device

=?Utf-8?B?aW1lYw==?=

sharing with vista media player and syncing to mobile device
I am using vista home premium wmp11 media sharing in my local network. It
works well with my vista pcs but i was wondering if it is possible to sync
the shared media folder with a mobile device (dell axim x51v) using a
secondary pc (not the one with wma/mp3 files). I have a macbook (boot
camp/vista rc2) and would like to use that for the syncing instead of having
to connect a cable to my primary pc with vista home premium. It is part of
my home theater and a bit of a pain to access the hardware everytime i want
to sync my mobile devices. Thanks in advance for any info.
Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\)

Re: sharing with vista media player and syncing to mobile device
You should be able to add the shared music to the library on whichever
computer you want, then sync music out of the library onto the device....
Open WMP on the computer you want to use to sync, add the shared locations
to the library, and connect the device. So long as WMP recognises the
mobile device in the Sync tab, I wouldn't expect issues.