Broadband without username and password

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZ0JsYWtleQ==?=

Broadband without username and password
I just got a new computer for my company with Windows Vista Business
installed. I am trying to connect to the internet but the only choices are
wireless, broadband with user name and password and dialup. I have a active
DSL connection that does not require a username and password. I have set up
all my XP computers with no problem but this one has me puzzled.
Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\)

Re: Broadband without username and password
Because those should be the only ones that require explicit configuration
steps. If you're connecting directly to the DSL modem, plug up the Ethernet
cable (or USB if you're using that instead) and it should work. (Note that
if you're directly connected to the Internet with no home network, your
network location should be "Public" when prompted.) If you have a network
with those XP computers, connect to it via Ethernet or wireless.

"GregBlakey" <GregBlakey@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message
de news:9093C07C-10CC-4AE5-A566-20AFE44BB190@microsoft.com...
>I just got a new computer for my company with Windows Vista Business
> installed. I am trying to connect to the internet but the only choices
> are
> wireless, broadband with user name and password and dialup. I have a
> active
> DSL connection that does not require a username and password. I have set
> up
> all my XP computers with no problem but this one has me puzzled.

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleA==?=

RE: Broadband without username and password
I just installed Vista Ultimate 64, and it did not connect to internet, but
it was on my LAN. When I tried to connect to internet it asked me for
username and password, I've never used any password in any conection of
windows millenium, or XP. It was always connected by ethernet and nothing
more. I don't know why vista is asking me for user and pass. Is there any way
to quit the user and pass? I don't want vista to ask me never again for that.

(I'm spanish, so probably it's a bit difficult to understand me)