Problems with networking???

Niteshade

Problems with networking???
Well after all the reading through these posts and everyone referring people
to the same webpages over and over, I found the better alternative. For
those of you that have recently upgraded to Vista from Xp, Microsoft offers
free tech support via phone for the first 90 days from purchase date of your
Vista product. I was experiencing alot of difficulties with my firewall
settings and Vista. After a 20 minute phone call to the free tech support,
the problem with Vista were straightened out without any snags. They are
very polite and show extreme interest in helping to resolve the issues.
Most issues that come up are user errors and not caused by anything within
Vista. I just thought I would post a suggestion to use the 90 day tech
support while it's available totally free.

P.S.
Probably could have been a quicker phone call, but then again, I tend to ask
alot of questions in which they were happy to answer.

Papa

Re: Problems with networking???
That's fine if you are not hearing impaired.

=?Utf-8?B?c2lkZXN3aXBl?=

RE: Problems with networking???
Can you post the number please?

"Niteshade" wrote:

> Well after all the reading through these posts and everyone referring people
> to the same webpages over and over, I found the better alternative. For
> those of you that have recently upgraded to Vista from Xp, Microsoft offers
> free tech support via phone for the first 90 days from purchase date of your
> Vista product. I was experiencing alot of difficulties with my firewall
> settings and Vista. After a 20 minute phone call to the free tech support,
> the problem with Vista were straightened out without any snags. They are
> very polite and show extreme interest in helping to resolve the issues.
> Most issues that come up are user errors and not caused by anything within
> Vista. I just thought I would post a suggestion to use the 90 day tech
> support while it's available totally free.
>
> P.S.
> Probably could have been a quicker phone call, but then again, I tend to ask
> alot of questions in which they were happy to answer.

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Problems with networking???
Correct. You can have 90-day no-chare support. Check this link for the details.

Info: Vista 90-day no-charge support
http://chicagotech.net/netforums/viewforum.php?f=3

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

"sideswipe" <sideswipe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can you post the number please?
>
> "Niteshade" wrote:
>
>> Well after all the reading through these posts and everyone referring
>> people
>> to the same webpages over and over, I found the better alternative. For
>> those of you that have recently upgraded to Vista from Xp, Microsoft
>> offers
>> free tech support via phone for the first 90 days from purchase date of
>> your
>> Vista product. I was experiencing alot of difficulties with my firewall
>> settings and Vista. After a 20 minute phone call to the free tech
>> support,
>> the problem with Vista were straightened out without any snags. They are
>> very polite and show extreme interest in helping to resolve the issues.
>> Most issues that come up are user errors and not caused by anything
>> within
>> Vista. I just thought I would post a suggestion to use the 90 day tech
>> support while it's available totally free.
>>
>> P.S.
>> Probably could have been a quicker phone call, but then again, I tend to
>> ask
>> alot of questions in which they were happy to answer.

Bucko

Re: Problems with networking???
I'm sorry if this is going to sound like a flame towards Microsoft, but I
called their so called tech support number. I got to technical assistance, I
explained my problem with Vista completely, before I could finish the woman
says this is a problem for Activation hold on, I am put into the XP phone
activataion computerized menu. Nothing there can help me because I am
running VISTA. I call back, i'm thinking honest mistake, I get another
person, before I finish stating my problem I am told again activation
problem hold on, this time they hang up on me. I call back and again I am
hung up on. To make this real long story short after 8 calls I am furious
and screaming that this is NO WAY a CUSTOMER should be treated that I want a
manager I am told and I quote " at Microsoft there are no managers, we are
all empowered to satisfy the customer" I was finally transferred to a very
nice Indian gentleman probably in India since the idiots in America (and I
am an American) couldn't figure out how to use the phone system, he
genuinely tried to help me, after spending 45 minutes more on the phone
(already on the phone with Microsoft 2 1/2 hours, I told him forget it I
will just format the hard drive and re-install, he didn't want me to do that
but finally relented and I hung up. He called me the following day to see if
I solved my problem. That's technical support he followed up on a problem
that was NOT solved by him.

The moral to this story? If you are going to call Microshaft Technical
Assistance call after say 9PM Left coast time, this way the call is
transferred to another country with people who honestly want to earn the
money they are making.

Am I bitter with Microshaft Technical assistance, you better believe it
because I lost my 90 days of free support on the first day of installing
Vista, when I could have saved it for when I had a Major problem which would
have prevented me from using my computer.

I apologize for being so long winded..