Squid Proxy

Hindson, Gary

Squid Proxy
Hi all

I am using Vista on a domain and I am unable to access the internet as I
can't authenticate to the Proxy server.

We are using Squid as the proxy and every other client authenticates fine.
However when the proxy is set for Vista I receive an authentication box
requesting a user name and password. I have tried multiple accounts non of
which work.

Has any one else experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

Gary

William J. Davis

Re: Squid Proxy
the proxy settings are configurable in the IE settings just as they were in
XP
but you probally already figured that much out so try this :
when entering in the user names try this different formats
"USERNAME"@DOMAIN.COMORWHATEVER
DOMAIN\USERNAME <--------- enter the netbios name for the domain here do not
use the . whatever ie no dot com.

but thats basic stuff u probally already tried so dissable the firewall then
try it.
then disable the UAC thingy that pops up everytime you try to do something
to do this START > RUN > msconfig > tools tab > disable UAC

then if all else fails call microsoft you can do so for free for the first
90 days after purcahse

bill

"Hindson, Gary" <garyhindson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I am using Vista on a domain and I am unable to access the internet as I
> can't authenticate to the Proxy server.
>
> We are using Squid as the proxy and every other client authenticates fine.
> However when the proxy is set for Vista I receive an authentication box
> requesting a user name and password. I have tried multiple accounts non
> of
> which work.
>
> Has any one else experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary

ari ramanathan

Re: Squid Proxy

Hi all
We are using Squid 2.6 Stable 14 with AD authentication. Our XP
clients are working fine. When I switched my computer to Vista x86 I
had the authentication box reported by Gary. I've change the following
registry setting and it seems to work OK for x86 (not sure if it will
for x64) workstations.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Lsa

Change dword value for 'lmcompatibility' from 3 to 1.

Reboot

Hope this helps.

Ari

--