More Vista LAN file sharing problems

=?Utf-8?B?QWxreUlST0M=?=

More Vista LAN file sharing problems
Home LAN file sharing with Vista is a lot more complicated than it needs to
be. I'm getting so annoyed that I think XP is a better product for home LAN
users.

New HP computer with Vista installed. All computers use the same workgroup.
All computers on the LAN can see each other in the network including the
vista machine. All computers can see the shared directories and files within
so the network settings are correct.

Trying to transfer a file to or from the vista machine to any other computer
on the network will not work. It's like it can't read the file off the vista
machine. As administrator, I can move the file to any directory including the
public directory but can't move it off the vista machine. Using an XP machine
on the LAN I can see the shared directories and files but can't pull anything
off the vista machine. It just refuses to transfer.

Shares are all set to all file transfers. Windows firewall is set properly
to allow file transfers but has also been turned off with the same results.
No other firewall software is running. LAN network is set up as Private but
I've also tried Public.
Malke

Re: More Vista LAN file sharing problems
AlkyIROC wrote:
> Home LAN file sharing with Vista is a lot more complicated than it needs to
> be. I'm getting so annoyed that I think XP is a better product for home LAN
> users.
>
> New HP computer with Vista installed. All computers use the same workgroup.
> All computers on the LAN can see each other in the network including the
> vista machine. All computers can see the shared directories and files within
> so the network settings are correct.
>
> Trying to transfer a file to or from the vista machine to any other computer
> on the network will not work. It's like it can't read the file off the vista
> machine. As administrator, I can move the file to any directory including the
> public directory but can't move it off the vista machine. Using an XP machine
> on the LAN I can see the shared directories and files but can't pull anything
> off the vista machine. It just refuses to transfer.
>
> Shares are all set to all file transfers. Windows firewall is set properly
> to allow file transfers but has also been turned off with the same results.
> No other firewall software is running. LAN network is set up as Private but
> I've also tried Public.

First create identical user accounts and passwords on all machines.
Leave the lan as Private. Then create shares accordingly.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com