View Full Map for Network Map

=?Utf-8?B?c2NvdHRwZW4=?=

View Full Map for Network Map
I believe I have tried everything to get Network mapping to work (which I
can't) When I press View full map all I get is Windows cannot create the
network map. Everthing is enabled as far as I know. Network discovery is on.
Link layer driver is enabled in Group Policy, and Link-Layer Topology
Discovery Mapper is started. Is their anything I am missing? Thank you in
advance for your quick reply
DC187

Re: View Full Map for Network Map

I have the same problem, I just assumed it's because my machine connects
through ISA Server 2006.

--
DC187
=?Utf-8?B?c2NvdHRwZW4=?=

Re: View Full Map for Network Map
I have just a simple Home network Cable modem, router two wireless computers
and two wired computers. It is baffling me.

"DC187" wrote:

> I have the same problem, I just assumed it's because my machine connects
> through ISA Server 2006.
>

> --
> DC187

Buellpilot

Re: View Full Map for Network Map
What OS are the other computers running?

If they are XP have you installed Link-Layer Topology on them?

"scottpen" <scottpen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just a simple Home network Cable modem, router two wireless
>computers
> and two wired computers. It is baffling me.
>
> "DC187" wrote:
>

>> I have the same problem, I just assumed it's because my machine connects
>> through ISA Server 2006.
>>

>> --
>> DC187

DC187

Re: View Full Map for Network Map

Ahh will give this a go, my other machines are XP and 2003, will setup
Link Layer Topology on them later and see what happens

--
DC187
=?Utf-8?B?c2NvdHRwZW4=?=

Re: View Full Map for Network Map
I have two Vistas one premium, one ultimate and 2 Xp's. I did install the
Link-Layer on the 2 XP's and it did not change anything still can't view full
map. Also the premium can't view full map either. Is there a firewall issue?
the only firewall I am running is windows firewall besides my routers
firewall. Windows firewall has an exception for network discovery checked.
Thanks for your help.

"Buellpilot" wrote:

> What OS are the other computers running?
>
> If they are XP have you installed Link-Layer Topology on them?
>
> "scottpen" <scottpen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just a simple Home network Cable modem, router two wireless
> >computers
> > and two wired computers. It is baffling me.
> >
> > "DC187" wrote:
> >

> >> I have the same problem, I just assumed it's because my machine connects
> >> through ISA Server 2006.
> >>

> >> --
> >> DC187

DC187

Re: View Full Map for Network Map

Hmm, don't think it could be as I have disabled the Windows firewall and
ISA Server allows full internal LAN access...

--
DC187
=?Utf-8?B?U2VuIFtNU0ZUXQ==?=

Re: View Full Map for Network Map
Scott/DC187,
1. Can you please provide the complete error message?
2. Please check help for network map and see if it helps. (Help button on
top-right corner of network map window)

Windows or 3rd party firewalls do not affect Link-layer Topology Discovery
(LLTD) protocol (one of the protocols used by Network Map).

Thanks,
Sen.

"scottpen" wrote:

> I have two Vistas one premium, one ultimate and 2 Xp's. I did install the
> Link-Layer on the 2 XP's and it did not change anything still can't view full
> map. Also the premium can't view full map either. Is there a firewall issue?
> the only firewall I am running is windows firewall besides my routers
> firewall. Windows firewall has an exception for network discovery checked.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> "Buellpilot" wrote:
>
> > What OS are the other computers running?
> >
> > If they are XP have you installed Link-Layer Topology on them?
> >
> > "scottpen" <scottpen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have just a simple Home network Cable modem, router two wireless
> > >computers
> > > and two wired computers. It is baffling me.

=?Utf-8?B?c2NvdHRwZW4=?=

Re: View Full Map for Network Map
Windows can not create the map. Responses from other devices on the network
are delayed or there is an incompatible router on the network.

"DC187" wrote:

> Hmm, don't think it could be as I have disabled the Windows firewall and
> ISA Server allows full internal LAN access...
>

> --
> DC187

=?Utf-8?B?U2VuIFtNU0ZUXQ==?=

Re: View Full Map for Network Map
1. Can you please provide information about your wireless router? (brand,
model, firmware version).
2. I suppose your wired computers are directly connected to this router
while wireless computers connect wirelessly to this router. Do you have any
other hardware (like bridges, switches, hubs)?

Thanks,
Sen.