Wireless connection w/ vista

=?Utf-8?B?Tm9vYnVz?=

Wireless connection w/ vista
I am having trouble getting internet connectivity through a wireless
connection at my college. It is an unsecured network, and my pc seems to
connect to the network with no problem but It seems to be only a local
connection(no internet) . When I check to see if I have IP addy DFGW and
such its all there. I have reinstalled drivers for my network adapter. To no
avail, I did see there was a fix if you were not getting an IP addy, I will
try this. Although If its necessary to input a static Ip and such after doing
this , how might I go about getting this information ? Also i would like to
mention that wired I have no troubles, it seems to be just a problem with the
wireless aspect.
The lap top is a HP Pavillion dv 9230us . As far as the network I connect
to I don't know much about it besides that it is 3com equipment, and when it
connects it trys to take me to an authentication screen in which i accept a
certificate, and then put in pass/username. I cant even get to this page..The
computer hangs here,
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Wireless connection w/ vista
Can you ping a public IP like 4.2.2.1? Or post the result of ipconfig /all here may help.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE