Users Folder always gets shared when sharing another folder ???

=?Utf-8?B?Q29ybmZsYWtlcw==?=

Users Folder always gets shared when sharing another folder ???
Hi There,

I have windows vista Home Premium. When I share a folder on my desktop
called "Music" windows also for some reason automatically shares the "users"
folder on the c drive is there a way I can stop this from happening so only
the folder I want to share gets shared ?

Please help.... Thanks
Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\)

Re: Users Folder always gets shared when sharing another folder ???
Sharing a folder under the Users hierarchy does cause the hierarchy to
appear, but does NOT share all files under Users. If you don't want to
navigate through the folder structure, place the shared folder outside of
Users.

"Cornflakes" <Cornflakes@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message
de news:35A31FE3-C960-4A0A-8918-E901B400D9C3@microsoft.com...
> Hi There,
>
> I have windows vista Home Premium. When I share a folder on my desktop
> called "Music" windows also for some reason automatically shares the
> "users"
> folder on the c drive is there a way I can stop this from happening so
> only
> the folder I want to share gets shared ?
>
> Please help.... Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FuYWRha2E=?=

Re: Users Folder always gets shared when sharing another folder ??
This is REALLY crappy, I am so frustrated with this, I really do not see the
purpose.
I have an existing Windows Media Center 2005 that I want to share my Music,
Pictures and Video folders to from my Vista Desktop.

But when I share the "Music" folder for example it shares as
\\desktop\\users\may\music

WHYYYYYYY! what is wrong with \\desktop\\music
And when using the MCE2005 interface to add a folder on the network it does
not show up! Only \\users shows up, so you can't add it. Sure you can add
\\users but then you always have an extra step in navigating. The same is for
the pictures and video.

There must be a way around this? I've been trying, but can't find a way yet.

"Michael A. Bishop (MSFT)" wrote:

> Sharing a folder under the Users hierarchy does cause the hierarchy to
> appear, but does NOT share all files under Users. If you don't want to
> navigate through the folder structure, place the shared folder outside of
> Users.
>
> "Cornflakes" <Cornflakes@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message
> de news:35A31FE3-C960-4A0A-8918-E901B400D9C3@microsoft.com...
> > Hi There,
> >
> > I have windows vista Home Premium. When I share a folder on my desktop
> > called "Music" windows also for some reason automatically shares the
> > "users"
> > folder on the c drive is there a way I can stop this from happening so
> > only
> > the folder I want to share gets shared ?
> >
> > Please help.... Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FuYWRha2E=?=

Re: Users Folder always gets shared when sharing another folder ??
ok I feel kidna stupid now, right after I posted that I figured out how to
get around it. You can't use the "share" link. But if you goto properties
then use "advanced sharing" it shares the old way.

But I think most people will use the new wizard and this \\users sharing is
stupid.