My Network places is not accessible

=?Utf-8?B?UHJvZmVzc29yIEhlbm4=?=

My Network places is not accessible
From my desktop I can see my laptop shared files but from my laptop, I cannot
view my share documents in my Desktop. I get this error:

Henn house is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the adminastrator of this server to find out if
you have access permissions.
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: My Network places is not accessible
assuming you have enabled sharing, have you created the same username on the desktop?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Professor Henn" <ProfessorHenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:573A45C5-B496-490A-BCCA-286B36F9A51D@microsoft.com...
From my desktop I can see my laptop shared files but from my laptop, I cannot
view my share documents in my Desktop. I get this error:

Henn house is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the adminastrator of this server to find out if
you have access permissions.
=?Utf-8?B?UHJvZmVzc29yIEhlbm4=?=

Re: My Network places is not accessible
I do have the same workgroup and file sharing. I do not have a the same user
name on the desktop. Do both user names need to be the same? Thanks

I can get the laptop's documents on to the desktop, but not the other way
around.

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> assuming you have enabled sharing, have you created the same username on the desktop?
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "Professor Henn" <ProfessorHenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:573A45C5-B496-490A-BCCA-286B36F9A51D@microsoft.com...
> From my desktop I can see my laptop shared files but from my laptop, I cannot
> view my share documents in my Desktop. I get this error:
>
> Henn house is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
> network resource. Contact the adminastrator of this server to find out if
> you have access permissions

Malke

Professor Henn wrote:
> I do have the same workgroup and file sharing. I do not have a the same user
> name on the desktop. Do both user names need to be the same? Thanks

Create identical user accounts and passwords on both machines. Then the
authentication will not fail.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
=?Utf-8?B?UHJvZmVzc29yIEhlbm4=?=

Re: My Network places is not accessible
When you say username, is it the same username accounts in the control panel.
Thanks for your help.

Professor Henn wrote:
> When you say username, is it the same username accounts in the control panel.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:
>
>> assuming you have enabled sharing, have you created the same username on the desktop?
>>
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

Yes. Go to the User Accounts applet in Control Panel on both machines.
Create identical user accounts and passwords. Creating passwords is
better for networking than having no passwords (and you can then log in
automatically if you like) but with only two machines you can have no
passwords.

Malke