wireless connection

cesare ricci

wireless connection
Hallo, I've just installed Vista enterprise on my desktop, installation was
no sweat exept for wireless internet connection.

I connect using a Router WIFI USR 9110 bundled with usb adapter USR 5422.
Windows detects the network but don't let me in.
Of course Itried to uninstall/install usb stick drivers several times.
I set up everything regarding SSID and security (WEP) passkey as it
previously was in XP and win server 2003 (it worked perfectly) but I can't
make the utility that come with USR ADSL system to work. As a matter of fact
I use windows to manage the connection...
I don't find the usual tab to tell windows that I will use another
application...

What can I do?

Thanks to you all for your answers..
Cesare

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

RE: wireless connection
"cesare ricci" wrote:
> Hallo, I've just installed Vista enterprise on my desktop, installation was
> no sweat exept for wireless internet connection.
>
> I connect using a Router WIFI USR 9110 bundled with usb adapter USR 5422.
> Windows detects the network but don't let me in.
> Of course Itried to uninstall/install usb stick drivers several times.
> I set up everything regarding SSID and security (WEP) passkey as it
> previously was in XP and win server 2003 (it worked perfectly) but I can't
> make the utility that come with USR ADSL system to work. As a matter of fact
> I use windows to manage the connection...
> I don't find the usual tab to tell windows that I will use another
> application...

This option no longer exists in Vista. Alternative applications are still
possible, but they work in a different way than in XP.
So, the old utility most probably won't work.

> What can I do?

This depends on who you are:
If a corporate user - ask your IT person for directions
( I assume this, since you installed Vista Enterprise )

If you are the IT person - contact USR support for a Vista compatible driver,
or get another wireless adapter.
The latter outcome is more likely, as USR does not seem to have
Vista driver for 5422. Even their WinXP driver seems to be not signed
by Microsoft (from the installation guide,
http://www.usr.com/support/5470/5470-files/5470-ig.pdf )

Regards,
--PA

cesare ricci

Re: wireless connection
Yes,
US Robotics did not release ANY driver related to USR 5422 for vista OS
And this cut out every possible try to solve the problem.
As a matter of fact everytime microsoft release a new operating system they
don't care about estabilishing a collaboration in order to find a way to let
people work with the hardware they have.....I mean is it so hard to send
driver specification? Or at least use previous version drivers?

Anyway thanks for help.

Cesare