Router Page

Dustin Harper

Re: Router Page
You need to change your IP address to either dynamic (so it gets an IP
from your router), or a static IP that is on the same network as your
router. When you enable ICS, it changes your IP address to 192.168.0.1
as the static IP, and enables your PC to be the DHCP server. Basically,
your PC becomes the router.

Once you change your IP address, you should be able to log onto your
router again.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

jimbo1337 wrote:
> Im reset my router and trying to get my wireless connection back for i was
> playing with it and pressed to use ICS and then it disconnected me from my
> local area connection ethernet until i fixed it so then i went on the
> internet and went to the SMC page for my router so i can try and set it up
> again(i already had it but something went wrong when i was playing with
> ICS)but the page wont show and at the end of the address bar it says
> something about WAN static or something. So i have no idea what to do to get
> to the webpage so i can reconfigure my router settings and make a WEP
> password etc. , can someone please help me?

=?Utf-8?B?amltYm8xMzM3?=

Re: Router Page
OK thanks but im not to good with technolgy etc. so how do i do that exactly?

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> You need to change your IP address to either dynamic (so it gets an IP
> from your router), or a static IP that is on the same network as your
> router. When you enable ICS, it changes your IP address to 192.168.0.1
> as the static IP, and enables your PC to be the DHCP server. Basically,
> your PC becomes the router.
>
> Once you change your IP address, you should be able to log onto your
> router again.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>

> jimbo1337 wrote:
> > Im reset my router and trying to get my wireless connection back for i was
> > playing with it and pressed to use ICS and then it disconnected me from my
> > local area connection ethernet until i fixed it so then i went on the
> > internet and went to the SMC page for my router so i can try and set it up
> > again(i already had it but something went wrong when i was playing with
> > ICS)but the page wont show and at the end of the address bar it says
> > something about WAN static or something. So i have no idea what to do to get
> > to the webpage so i can reconfigure my router settings and make a WEP
> > password etc. , can someone please help me?

Dustin Harper

Re: Router Page
Go to the Networking in your control panel, then to network properties.
On the properties tab and select "Internet Protocol-TCP/IP", click
properties. In there, you can change your IP address. Subnet mask should
be 255.255.255.0. If it is already set for set an IP address manually,
you should be able to set it to get an IP address automatically, and it
will get one from the router.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

jimbo1337 wrote:
> OK thanks but im not to good with technolgy etc. so how do i do that exactly?
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> You need to change your IP address to either dynamic (so it gets an IP
>> from your router), or a static IP that is on the same network as your
>> router. When you enable ICS, it changes your IP address to 192.168.0.1
>> as the static IP, and enables your PC to be the DHCP server. Basically,
>> your PC becomes the router.
>>
>> Once you change your IP address, you should be able to log onto your
>> router again.
>>
>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com
>>

>> jimbo1337 wrote:
>>> Im reset my router and trying to get my wireless connection back for i was
>>> playing with it and pressed to use ICS and then it disconnected me from my
>>> local area connection ethernet until i fixed it so then i went on the
>>> internet and went to the SMC page for my router so i can try and set it up
>>> again(i already had it but something went wrong when i was playing with
>>> ICS)but the page wont show and at the end of the address bar it says
>>> something about WAN static or something. So i have no idea what to do to get
>>> to the webpage so i can reconfigure my router settings and make a WEP
>>> password etc. , can someone please help me?

=?Utf-8?B?amltYm8xMzM3?=

Re: Router Page
Hmmm that didn't seem to do anything , it was already set to obtain one
automatically for i dont know the IP adress but the webpage still wont show
up.

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Go to the Networking in your control panel, then to network properties.
> On the properties tab and select "Internet Protocol-TCP/IP", click
> properties. In there, you can change your IP address. Subnet mask should
> be 255.255.255.0. If it is already set for set an IP address manually,
> you should be able to set it to get an IP address automatically, and it
> will get one from the router.
>

> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>

> jimbo1337 wrote:
> > OK thanks but im not to good with technolgy etc. so how do i do that exactly?
> >
> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to change your IP address to either dynamic (so it gets an IP
> >> from your router), or a static IP that is on the same network as your
> >> router. When you enable ICS, it changes your IP address to 192.168.0.1
> >> as the static IP, and enables your PC to be the DHCP server. Basically,
> >> your PC becomes the router.
> >>
> >> Once you change your IP address, you should be able to log onto your
> >> router again.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Dustin Harper
> >> dharper@vistarip.com
> >> http://www.vistarip.com

=?Utf-8?B?amltYm8xMzM3?=

Re: Router Page
Also , should it be IPv4 or Ipv6 for its on IPn4 i think , as you can see im
not to good at this.

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Go to the Networking in your control panel, then to network properties.
> On the properties tab and select "Internet Protocol-TCP/IP", click
> properties. In there, you can change your IP address. Subnet mask should
> be 255.255.255.0. If it is already set for set an IP address manually,
> you should be able to set it to get an IP address automatically, and it
> will get one from the router.
>

> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>

> jimbo1337 wrote:
> > OK thanks but im not to good with technolgy etc. so how do i do that exactly?
> >
> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to change your IP address to either dynamic (so it gets an IP
> >> from your router), or a static IP that is on the same network as your
> >> router. When you enable ICS, it changes your IP address to 192.168.0.1
> >> as the static IP, and enables your PC to be the DHCP server. Basically,
> >> your PC becomes the router.
> >>
> >> Once you change your IP address, you should be able to log onto your
> >> router again.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Dustin Harper
> >> dharper@vistarip.com
> >> http://www.vistarip.com

=?Utf-8?B?amltYm8xMzM3?=

Re: Router Page
And what should the defualt gateway and DNS servers be?

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Go to the Networking in your control panel, then to network properties.
> On the properties tab and select "Internet Protocol-TCP/IP", click
> properties. In there, you can change your IP address. Subnet mask should
> be 255.255.255.0. If it is already set for set an IP address manually,
> you should be able to set it to get an IP address automatically, and it
> will get one from the router.
>

> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>

> jimbo1337 wrote:
> > OK thanks but im not to good with technolgy etc. so how do i do that exactly?
> >
> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to change your IP address to either dynamic (so it gets an IP
> >> from your router), or a static IP that is on the same network as your
> >> router. When you enable ICS, it changes your IP address to 192.168.0.1
> >> as the static IP, and enables your PC to be the DHCP server. Basically,
> >> your PC becomes the router.
> >>
> >> Once you change your IP address, you should be able to log onto your
> >> router again.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Dustin Harper
> >> dharper@vistarip.com
> >> http://www.vistarip.com

Dustin Harper

Re: Router Page
Default gateway would be the router IP (usually, 192.168.0.1 or
192.168.1.1), and DNS would also be the same.

IPV4 is the one you should be using right now.

You can also go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | Run. At the
prompt, type "ipconfig" without quotes. It should tell you what your IP
address is when it is getting one from the router. If it is 169.254.x.x
(x's can be anything), then it isn't working right with the router. You
may need to reset the router (unplug it and press the reset button for
~20 seconds).

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

jimbo1337 wrote:
> And what should the defualt gateway and DNS servers be?
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> Go to the Networking in your control panel, then to network properties.
>> On the properties tab and select "Internet Protocol-TCP/IP", click
>> properties. In there, you can change your IP address. Subnet mask should
>> be 255.255.255.0. If it is already set for set an IP address manually,
>> you should be able to set it to get an IP address automatically, and it
>> will get one from the router.
>>

>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com
>>

>> jimbo1337 wrote:
>>> OK thanks but im not to good with technolgy etc. so how do i do that exactly?

=?Utf-8?B?amltYm8xMzM3?=

Re: Router Page
Thanks for all your help but it still seems not to work for some reason and I
have no idea what to do so i guess i cant set up the wireless thereofre cant
buy a laptop to put it to good use but thanks anyhows, but the thing i hate
most is that i had it but then i played around and clicked the box to make it
like use ICS then it took out my local area connection then i put that back
and thats were i am now, im so mad at myself.