i can't share between xp and vista :@

=?Utf-8?B?bWVfYWdhaW5zdF9tZV9hbmRfbXlfY29tcHV0ZXI=?=

i can't share between xp and vista :@
I bougth my new pc, and I have two more computer @ home runing Wxp. The new
one comes with WVistaHomePremium. I got internet conection thru my router,
but when I tried to make a home network to share my files the great Discovery
dosent get it to my xp's pc. I runned the wizard in my Xp computers, and they
recognize each other, but not the Vista running pc. I can't see the other
computers in my network map while im in my Vista pc, and in the xp I can see
just the name in the whole network icon, but I can't acces to it. Any idea?
Ian Parsons

Re: i can't share between xp and vista :@
I was running into the same problem. Check your firewall settings. If you
are running Norton's Internet Security 07 (Vista or XP) or Internet Securtiy
06 (XP), you will notice in the advanced tap of your firewall that Windows
File Sharing may be blocked. You will need to change this to Allow. Next
you need to check what computers you firewall will allow to access files
from your computer. You can allow each computer's IP address, or since you
are on a router...you can input a range of IPs <--This can be dangerous if
you are on a wireless router. You will need to check this for every
computer on your net.

Once you get both computers to talk to each other, you will be able to see
your computers in your network. Make sure that your files that you want
share have been enabled to do that.

I have ran into where I could not get a Vista running laptop and a XP
running laptop to ever talk to each other. I never did find out what the
deal was.

"me_against_me_and_my_computer"
<me_against_me_and_my_computer@discussions.microso ft.com> wrote in message
>I bougth my new pc, and I have two more computer @ home runing Wxp. The new
> one comes with WVistaHomePremium. I got internet conection thru my router,
> but when I tried to make a home network to share my files the great
> Discovery
> dosent get it to my xp's pc. I runned the wizard in my Xp computers, and
> they
> recognize each other, but not the Vista running pc. I can't see the other
> computers in my network map while im in my Vista pc, and in the xp I can
> see
> just the name in the whole network icon, but I can't acces to it. Any
> idea?

Richard G. Harper

Re: i can't share between xp and vista :@
If you have a non-Microsoft firewall or internet security toolset installed,
uninstall it while you work on getting networking up. Only when networking
is working should you reinstall. Don't just disable the firewall because
many non-Microsoft firewalls do not disable even when you "tell" them to.

"me_against_me_and_my_computer"
<me_against_me_and_my_computer@discussions.microso ft.com> wrote in message
>I bougth my new pc, and I have two more computer @ home runing Wxp. The new
> one comes with WVistaHomePremium. I got internet conection thru my router,
> but when I tried to make a home network to share my files the great
> Discovery
> dosent get it to my xp's pc. I runned the wizard in my Xp computers, and
> they
> recognize each other, but not the Vista running pc. I can't see the other
> computers in my network map while im in my Vista pc, and in the xp I can
> see
> just the name in the whole network icon, but I can't acces to it. Any
> idea?

=?Utf-8?B?bWVfYWdhaW5zdF9tZV9hbmRfbXlfY29tcHV0ZXI=?=

RE: i can't share between xp and vista :@
tank you guys... Before i came back i was fighting whit me...and after a
couple hours of nice sleep I woke up in a better mood. I already did it whit
the firewal (even before to come back here ). Im using norton 2007
internet security. I had to trust my network... i gotta check now what is
happening ...but i see all my computer inda network and i can share.