PocketPC wont sync with WMDC

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHRT?=

PocketPC wont sync with WMDC
I bought a new PocketPC (Windows Mobile 5.0) since my old one wouldn't work
with Vista. I got it to work as far as opening WMDC when I connect it, but it
won't sync. I get an error message:
"Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the
network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize
again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator."
This is my home computer; I am the network administrator! What can I do?
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBE?=

RE: PocketPC wont sync with WMDC
I can't offer answeer, only solidarity. I have exactly the same problem and
error message. New Dell PC, Vista home premium, HP IPAQ. Never had problems
syncing with Windows 2000. When I first started with Vista/Outlook 2007 all
synced OK for about 2 weeks. But about 3 days ago the two stopped talking to
each other and nothing I've tried can get them to sync. Sometimes the WMDC
says they've sync OK (they haven't). When I plug the PDA into the USB the PC
goes "boing" to say connected, then 2 seconds laterr "boing" again which I
think is the Disconnect sound. I can still see the PDA files, so there is a
connection. It just won't sync.

"ScottS" wrote:

> I bought a new PocketPC (Windows Mobile 5.0) since my old one wouldn't work
> with Vista. I got it to work as far as opening WMDC when I connect it, but it
> won't sync. I get an error message:
> "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the
> network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize
> again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator."
> This is my home computer; I am the network administrator! What can I do?

koze

Re: PocketPC wont sync with WMDC
Have you tried a reset ?
Does work for some, reason could be a damaged file that's blocking the
connection.
Ko.

"John D" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>I can't offer answeer, only solidarity. I have exactly the same problem
>and
> error message. New Dell PC, Vista home premium, HP IPAQ. Never had
> problems
> syncing with Windows 2000. When I first started with Vista/Outlook 2007
> all
> synced OK for about 2 weeks. But about 3 days ago the two stopped talking
> each other and nothing I've tried can get them to sync. Sometimes the
> WMDC
> says they've sync OK (they haven't). When I plug the PDA into the USB the
> PC
> goes "boing" to say connected, then 2 seconds laterr "boing" again which I
> think is the Disconnect sound. I can still see the PDA files, so there is
> connection. It just won't sync.
>
> "ScottS" wrote:
>
>> I bought a new PocketPC (Windows Mobile 5.0) since my old one wouldn't
>> work
>> with Vista. I got it to work as far as opening WMDC when I connect it,
>> but it
>> won't sync. I get an error message:
>> "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to
>> the
>> network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and
>> synchronize
>> again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator."
>> This is my home computer; I am the network administrator! What can I do?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBE?=

Re: PocketPC wont sync with WMDC
Thanks for the thought. If you mean a reset of my PDA, yes, I've tried a
soft reset. Been wondering if I want to do a hard reset, though then I would
lose what information I do have on the PDA (all the contacts and so on that
don't change so often). If I could be fairly sure it would fix the problem I
would go for it. What do you think?

"koze" wrote:

> Have you tried a reset ?
> Does work for some, reason could be a damaged file that's blocking the
> connection.
> Ko.
>
> "John D" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> >I can't offer answeer, only solidarity. I have exactly the same problem
> >and
> > error message. New Dell PC, Vista home premium, HP IPAQ. Never had
> > problems
> > syncing with Windows 2000. When I first started with Vista/Outlook 2007
> > all
> > synced OK for about 2 weeks. But about 3 days ago the two stopped talking
> > each other and nothing I've tried can get them to sync. Sometimes the
> > WMDC
> > says they've sync OK (they haven't). When I plug the PDA into the USB the
> > PC
> > goes "boing" to say connected, then 2 seconds laterr "boing" again which I
> > think is the Disconnect sound. I can still see the PDA files, so there is
> > connection. It just won't sync.
> >
> > "ScottS" wrote:
> >
> >> I bought a new PocketPC (Windows Mobile 5.0) since my old one wouldn't
> >> work
> >> with Vista. I got it to work as far as opening WMDC when I connect it,
> >> but it
> >> won't sync. I get an error message:
> >> "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to
> >> the
> >> network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and
> >> synchronize
> >> again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator."
> >> This is my home computer; I am the network administrator! What can I do?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBE?=

RE: PocketPC wont sync with WMDC
Just to add some more information:
I've tried syncing my PDA with my laptop which is still running on Windows
2000 - synced with no problem. So it would seem to be a problem with my
Dell/Vista desktop PC.

Also, I've uninstalled WMDC and re-installed. Still getting the same problem.

"John D" wrote:

> I can't offer answer, only solidarity. I have exactly the same problem and
> error message. New Dell PC, Vista home premium, HP IPAQ. Never had problems
> syncing with Windows 2000. When I first started with Vista/Outlook 2007 all
> synced OK for about 2 weeks. But about 3 days ago the two stopped talking to
> each other and nothing I've tried can get them to sync. Sometimes the WMDC
> says they've sync OK (they haven't). When I plug the PDA into the USB the PC
> goes "boing" to say connected, then 2 seconds laterr "boing" again which I
> think is the Disconnect sound. I can still see the PDA files, so there is a
> connection. It just won't sync.
>
> "ScottS" wrote:
>
> > I bought a new PocketPC (Windows Mobile 5.0) since my old one wouldn't work
> > with Vista. I got it to work as far as opening WMDC when I connect it, but it
> > won't sync. I get an error message:
> > "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the
> > network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize
> > again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator."
> > This is my home computer; I am the network administrator! What can I do?

koze

Re: PocketPC wont sync with WMDC
I had to remove the companionship first before connecting to Vista, from
there it worked without any problem.
But I can't guaranty it will do the same for you .