=?Utf-8?Q?wireless_conenction_cancelled=2C_c?==?Utf-8?Q?an=C2=B4t_connect?=

=?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGVt?=

=?Utf-8?Q?wireless_conenction_cancelled=2C_c?==?Utf-8?Q?an=C2=B4t_connect?=
I am trying to connect my new Vista notebook (ACER with atheros ar5005G
wireless network adapter) to my wireless network.
It is a Speedtouch 580 ADSL router, configured for WPA-personal security,
allowing new systems to connect automatically.
If have configured Vista network with the SSID, WPA key and correct
encryption method and the network is displayed with 100% signal (before I
configured WPA etc. it was show with a red x).
But when I try to connect it reports that Windows cannot connect to the
network.
When I then choose diagnose, all I get is "the connection to xxxxxxxx was
cancelled" this might be due to timeout or user action.

The PC does connect to the unsecured network of one of my neighbours......

Please help.
=?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGVt?=

=?Utf-8?Q?RE:_wireless_conenction_cancelle?==?Utf-8?Q?d=2C_can=C2=B4t_connect?=
An update, afetr further testing and tweaking :

Connection works fine without security switched on.
It also works with WEP encryption.
But not with WPA-personal and TKIP encryption. (works fine under XP but not
Vista).

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Willem

=?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGVt?=

known problem
further update:

Speedtouch customer support confirmed to me that it is a know issue that the
Speedtouch 580 modem will not connect with Vista using WPA.
Only workaround at the moment is WEP.
They are investigating the problem.

"willem" wrote:

> I am trying to connect my new Vista notebook (ACER with atheros ar5005G
> wireless network adapter) to my wireless network.
> It is a Speedtouch 580 ADSL router, configured for WPA-personal security,
> allowing new systems to connect automatically.
> If have configured Vista network with the SSID, WPA key and correct
> encryption method and the network is displayed with 100% signal (before I
> configured WPA etc. it was show with a red x).
> But when I try to connect it reports that Windows cannot connect to the
> network.
> When I then choose diagnose, all I get is "the connection to xxxxxxxx was
> cancelled" this might be due to timeout or user action.
>
> The PC does connect to the unsecured network of one of my neighbours......
>
> Please help.

wayne_crowther

Re: wireless conenction cancelled, can´t connect

Hi

Daughter had same problem trying to connect her new Vista Home running
through a Speedtouch 580 hub with WEP encryption.Had the same problem
connecting (local access only) and tried most of things suggested on
forums. Finally resolved the problem by addressing the URL of the router
and requesting a reset of the router from the speedtouch data. Can find
the url by double left click on the router icon in the networking panel.
Once this had been done then hey presto - no problem instant connection.
May not work for all but worth a try. But do remember to have your ISP
name and password for the reset.

Wayne

--
wayne_crowther
wayne_crowther's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/wayne_crowther.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: wireless conenction cancelled, can´t connect
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net