VISTA network problem

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgSW5ucw==?=

VISTA network problem
I have 3 machines. A desktop, tablet and laptop.
The desktop running vista home premium can see the tablet (XP tablet ed.)
and vice versa. The tablet can see the laptop (XP home sp2) and vice versa.
The laptop can see vista, but vista cannot see it. The network is accessed
via a netgear pre n router . The tablet has built in wi-fi and the laptop
uses a netgear card (latest drivers installed. I use the netgear software to
configure the network instead of Windows). I have downloaded and installed
all updates for all machines and installed the Link-Layer Topology Discovery
Responder on the laptop. (didn't seem to be need on the tablet) I have
downloaded but not yet installed a firmware update for the router. I cannot
see that having any bearing on the problem. All use the same workgroup name.
Windows firewall and defender are installed and running on all 3 machines. No
other firewall or security softwrae is or ever been installed, apart from
anti-virus.
How can I make the laptop visible to vista?
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: VISTA network problem
Did you reboot everything just to ensure they all have the latest data from
the router?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"David Inns" <DavidInns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 3 machines. A desktop, tablet and laptop.
> The desktop running vista home premium can see the tablet (XP tablet ed.)
> and vice versa. The tablet can see the laptop (XP home sp2) and vice
> versa.
> The laptop can see vista, but vista cannot see it. The network is accessed
> via a netgear pre n router . The tablet has built in wi-fi and the laptop
> uses a netgear card (latest drivers installed. I use the netgear software
> configure the network instead of Windows). I have downloaded and installed
> all updates for all machines and installed the Link-Layer Topology
> Discovery
> Responder on the laptop. (didn't seem to be need on the tablet) I have
> downloaded but not yet installed a firmware update for the router. I
> cannot
> see that having any bearing on the problem. All use the same workgroup
> name.
> Windows firewall and defender are installed and running on all 3 machines.
> No
> other firewall or security softwrae is or ever been installed, apart from
> anti-virus.
> How can I make the laptop visible to vista?

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgSW5ucw==?=

Re: VISTA network problem
Yes, all 3 rebooted, modem switched off then router then switched back on
etc..no difference.