Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason.

=?Utf-8?B?bXNpbW4=?=

Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason.
After trying to connect to my home wireless network with no security.

The Windows reports that "Wireless association failed due to an unknown
reason." which I suspect it's about the driver thing. I'm using a Micronet
SP907GK USB WiFi.
My wireless network can be connected by other people using the same USB Wifi.
Please help.

(Any drivers or any subtitute drivers? )
The manufacturer website (micronet.net) doesn't have a Vista-compatible
driver.

Thank you.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason.
Sadly, the last line of your post indicates your problem. No Vista drivers
means the device will likely work poorly - if at all - under Vista. You
need Vista drivers or a device that supports Vista.

"msimn" <msimn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After trying to connect to my home wireless network with no security.
>
> The Windows reports that "Wireless association failed due to an unknown
> reason." which I suspect it's about the driver thing. I'm using a Micronet
> SP907GK USB WiFi.
> My wireless network can be connected by other people using the same USB
> Wifi.
> Please help.
>
> (Any drivers or any subtitute drivers? )
> The manufacturer website (micronet.net) doesn't have a Vista-compatible
> driver.
>
> Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?bXNpbW4=?=

Re: Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason.
Thank you for replying. I'm making up my mind.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Sadly, the last line of your post indicates your problem. No Vista drivers
> means the device will likely work poorly - if at all - under Vista. You
> need Vista drivers or a device that supports Vista.

> "msimn" <msimn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After trying to connect to my home wireless network with no security.
> >
> > The Windows reports that "Wireless association failed due to an unknown
> > reason." which I suspect it's about the driver thing. I'm using a Micronet
> > SP907GK USB WiFi.
> > My wireless network can be connected by other people using the same USB
> > Wifi.
> > Please help.
> >
> > (Any drivers or any subtitute drivers? )
> > The manufacturer website (micronet.net) doesn't have a Vista-compatible
> > driver.
> >
> > Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?RGFzaGE=?=

Re: Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason.
Okay I am having a problem with my wireless connection too, my drivers are
all working properly and everything seems to be working fine...but everytime
I try to connect to my home network it keeps saying that it can't connect
because of time out or user action. This is starting to get a little
fustrating mainly because my home network is a security-enabled network and
has a very high signal strength.
I have also looked on the help menu before i came over here and still
couldn't find anything that could help me. I might also add that I can
connect to unsecured networks but they don't allow me to access the internet
it is only local connection. So if anyone can help me please let me know, I
would really like to be able to use my laptop without having to worry about
connecting to my wirless router.