Internet Connect and Live One Care

=?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=

Internet Connect and Live One Care
I updated my laptop to Windows Vista which had Live OneCare already installed
but when Vista finally came up It would not allow me access to the Internet.
It seems even though I show it as Private Network it wants to make it a
Restricted but even when I change it to the lowest setting on the firewall
it still won't let me access the Internet. The only thing I have been able to
do so far is turn it off and turn on Windows Firewall which seems to work
fine. But now everytime I boot up Live OneCard takes back over and blocks my
Internet Access. Can anyone tell me how to set Live OneCare so it allows me
access. I have looked at every setting I could but see nothing that would
allow me to get access
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM0cw==?=

RE: Internet Connect and Live One Care
Unlike the Windows Firewall which is manageable through registry settings,
the OneCare Firewall seems to be controlled through a proprietary database
file, so it behaves differently.

Your best bet is to disable the OneCare Firewall service and then restart
your computer. Start | Run (search) , type in Services.msc and <enter>
Browse until you find Oncare Firewall listed and doubleclick on it to open
its properties window. Set the Startup Type to disabled. Stopping it doesn't
seem to unload it from memory right away, so you will likely have to restart
your computer. Restarting the Server and Workstation services may also do
the trick without restarting.