Home Premium Desktop won't connect to working wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rldm9zZQ==?=

Home Premium Desktop won't connect to working wireless network
I have a wireless network set up and working with a dlink DI 524UP and a
siemens speedstream modem. This has two vista business laptops that work
seamlessly on this network already but for some reason my hp m8080a vista
home premium desktop isn't able top connect to the network.

It is well within signal range because the strenth is excellent and the
network shows up in the connection locater but windows or the router will not
allow me to connect to the router. This is confirmed by the network map which
shows my computer and the internet icons conected by a link with a X through
it but no router in the middle of the two.

I tried adding the connection manually but to no avail. Is there something
significantly different between the two OS's that is stopping me from
connecting. I'm guessing its something in my home premium settings as my
other laptops connect perfectly with vista business.

Can somebody help me, i'm at my wits end with this, noone at tech support
from either dlink wants to help.
Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\)

Re: Home Premium Desktop won't connect to working wireless network
Having the NSC show no link between you and the Internet simply means you
aren't connected, so that's not part of this issue.

When you say that Windows "won't allow you to connect," what do you mean?
Is there an error message? Does it say you've connected, but fail to
actually get connectivity? Having Home Premium instead of Business would
make a difference using 802.1x authentication, but I'm assuming you're not,
for a home network, so no -- this sounds like either a driver or a
configuration issue, off-hand.

"Stevose" <Stevose@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
>I have a wireless network set up and working with a dlink DI 524UP and a
> siemens speedstream modem. This has two vista business laptops that work
> seamlessly on this network already but for some reason my hp m8080a vista
> home premium desktop isn't able top connect to the network.
>
> It is well within signal range because the strenth is excellent and the
> network shows up in the connection locater but windows or the router will
> not
> allow me to connect to the router. This is confirmed by the network map
> which
> shows my computer and the internet icons conected by a link with a X
> through
> it but no router in the middle of the two.
>
> I tried adding the connection manually but to no avail. Is there something
> significantly different between the two OS's that is stopping me from
> connecting. I'm guessing its something in my home premium settings as my
> other laptops connect perfectly with vista business.
>
> Can somebody help me, i'm at my wits end with this, noone at tech support
> from either dlink wants to help.

=?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=

Re: Home Premium Desktop won't connect to working wireless network
just wanted to pass on that this link resolved my issue with the Internet
Access and I wish everyone else the best of luck

For the Internet connection issue, see if this helps:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsO...83525&SiteID=2