i can't do printer sharing, please help me!

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

i can't do printer sharing, please help me!
i have no clue what i am doing. that said, i have been trying for 3 days
using all the help files i can find and all the wizards also. i have tried so
many thing i had to do a system restore on my gateway.
i have an old gateway running xp prof. and this new dell running visa home
prem. i want to print share from vista to my gateway w/printer. i finally got
my vista to show me the whole network with the map and it's there everything,
but \\computername doesn't find anything from my vista. my vista is wireless
to the d-link router then to internet. my xp hard wired to the router through
an eathernet card, but showes on the map as computer, switch,router, and out
to internet. the ip address for vista is one# and the router ip seems to be
the same as for xp computer with the cursor over the item on the map. i need
help please. thank-you
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: i can't do printer sharing, please help me!
Can you net view \\vistaip? If not, what's the system error?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> Can you net view \\vistaip? If not, what's the system error?
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC09066D-43DC-42C3-ADC8-147F407DEFE0@microsoft.com...
> i have no clue what i am doing. that said, i have been trying for 3 days
> using all the help files i can find and all the wizards also. i have tried so
> many thing i had to do a system restore on my gateway.
> i have an old gateway running xp prof. and this new dell running visa home
> prem. i want to print share from vista to my gateway w/printer. i finally got
> my vista to show me the whole network with the map and it's there everything,
> but \\computername doesn't find anything from my vista. my vista is wireless
> to the d-link router then to internet. my xp hard wired to the router through
> an eathernet card, but showes on the map as computer, switch,router, and out
> to internet. the ip address for vista is one# and the router ip seems to be
> the same as for xp computer with the cursor over the item on the map. i need
> help please

Can not access, then not a valid host name
=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

"Larry" wrote:

> "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:
>
> > Can you net view \\vistaip? If not, what's the system error?
> >
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> > "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC09066D-43DC-42C3-ADC8-147F407DEFE0@microsoft.com...
> > i have no clue what i am doing. that said, i have been trying for 3 days
> > using all the help files i can find and all the wizards also. i have tried so
> > many thing i had to do a system restore on my gateway.
> > i have an old gateway running xp prof. and this new dell running visa home
> > prem. i want to print share from vista to my gateway w/printer. i finally got
> > my vista to show me the whole network with the map and it's there everything,
> > but \\computername doesn't find anything from my vista. my vista is wireless
> > to the d-link router then to internet. my xp hard wired to the router through
> > an eathernet card, but showes on the map as computer, switch,router, and out
> > to internet. the ip address for vista is one# and the router ip seems to be
> > the same as for xp computer with the cursor over the item on the map. i need
> > help please

> Can not access, then not a valid host name

error code 0x80070035 the network path not found
diagnose: vistaip not a valid host name
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: i can't do printer sharing, please help me!
This case may help,

Cases: Vista networking
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...ght=0x80070035

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE