Vista and the Checkpoint Connectra VPN

=?Utf-8?B?amltbXVo?=

Vista and the Checkpoint Connectra VPN
I searched the forum and found nothing directly applicable to my situation,
though there are numerous threads about Vista and various other VPNs. This
one is an SSL VPN, and it's giving me fits.

I was given an RSA SecurId token and told that I would be able to use my
corporate account to log on via the VPN to administer a production domain
from home. Great! Beats the heck out of RAS. This VPN uses an SSL Extender
and IE instead of a regular VPN client. (I'm a lot more familiar with those,
so, naturally, I'm going to have to use this instead.)

I had to run IE7 as an admin just to get the SSL Extender installed. Once I
did that I was able to connect to the VPN just running IE the normal way, but
the extender would NOT connect. If I continued to run IE7 as an admin, then
the extender would connect right away. Okay, that's not good, but it's not a
huge issue.

But this one is. Though I can establish a VPN connection from work and from
home with this notebook, I can only establish an RDC connection to my servers
when I'm already at work, calling out to the VPN from within the firewall!

This is definitely a Vista or Vista configuration issue because the same
setup works just fine with a WinXP Pro notebook from home and from the
corporate network.

When I'm calling in from home all that happens is that I get the popup
stating that I can't contact the server. I can find NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER
at the blooming Checkpoint site, and my corporate help desk is NOT getting
back to me.

I'm just a lonely domain admin with no training and, apparently, very little
support from anyone. Does anyone have experience with this particular
combination (Connectra VPN and Vista)? Please, someone throw me a bone!
Daniel

Re: Vista and the Checkpoint Connectra VPN
On 21 fev, 15:26, jimmuh <jim...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I searched the forum and found nothing directly applicable to my situation,
> though there are numerous threads aboutVistaand various other VPNs. This
> one is an SSL VPN, and it's giving me fits.
>
> I was given an RSA SecurId token and told that I would be able to use my
> corporate account to log on via the VPN to administer a production domain
> from home. Great! Beats the heck out of RAS. This VPN uses an SSL Extender
> and IE instead of a regular VPN client. (I'm a lot more familiar with those,
> so, naturally, I'm going to have to use this instead.)
>
> I had to run IE7 as an admin just to get the SSL Extender installed. Once I
> did that I was able to connect to the VPN just running IE the normal way, but
> the extender would NOT connect. If I continued to run IE7 as an admin, then
> the extender would connect right away. Okay, that's not good, but it's not a
> huge issue.
>
> But this one is. Though I can establish a VPN connection from work and from
> home with this notebook, I can only establish an RDC connection to my servers
> when I'm already at work, calling out to the VPN from within the firewall!
>
> This is definitely aVistaorVistaconfiguration issue because the same
> setup works just fine with a WinXP Pro notebook from home and from the
> corporate network.
>
> When I'm calling in from home all that happens is that I get the popup
> stating that I can't contact the server. I can find NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER
> at the blooming Checkpoint site, and my corporate help desk is NOT getting
> back to me.
>
> I'm just a lonely domain admin with no training and, apparently, very little
> support from anyone. Does anyone have experience with this particular
> combination (ConnectraVPN andVista)? Please, someone throw me a bone!

If you find some solution for this problem please let me know, because
I have the same problem.
I try to do the process describe on the sk32557 but doesn't work.

Thanks,

Daniel

=?Utf-8?B?amltbXVo?=

Re: Vista and the Checkpoint Connectra VPN
I've made a note to return to this thread to post any solutions -- if they
happen. I'm not optimistic that's it's going to be any time soon. Check Point
doesn't appear to feel any need to rush.