IPv6 says limited

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXMxOTc5?=

IPv6 says limited
One of our employees purchased a new Toshiba Satellite P105-S6207 that come
with Vista Home Premium. She didn't like Vista and I spoke with their tech
support and they say the laptop was made specifically for Vista and they
won't be providing Windows XP drivers any time soon. I told her she is stuck
with it for now.

So the internet was working great for a week connecting through a Linksys
wireless G router. Since this weekend she says she can't on the internet at
all now. I took a look it and it connects to the router no problem. Her
daughter has Windows XP on a laptop and has no problems. When I looked at
the wireless connection status and settings, it says ipv4 is connected local
and internet. But ipv6 says limited. Any idea on why she cannot get
internet access at all now and she says she hasn't done anything different
except type a few letters and pay some bills.
Malke

Re: IPv6 says limited
chris1979 wrote:
> One of our employees purchased a new Toshiba Satellite P105-S6207 that come
> with Vista Home Premium. She didn't like Vista and I spoke with their tech
> support and they say the laptop was made specifically for Vista and they
> won't be providing Windows XP drivers any time soon. I told her she is stuck
> with it for now.
>
> So the internet was working great for a week connecting through a Linksys
> wireless G router. Since this weekend she says she can't on the internet at
> all now. I took a look it and it connects to the router no problem. Her
> daughter has Windows XP on a laptop and has no problems. When I looked at
> the wireless connection status and settings, it says ipv4 is connected local
> and internet. But ipv6 says limited. Any idea on why she cannot get
> internet access at all now and she says she hasn't done anything different
> except type a few letters and pay some bills.

Disable IPV6 and stick with IPV4.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
=?Utf-8?B?TUdiYXNzYWNl?=

Re: IPv6 says limited
under connection properties take the tick out of the check box for tcpip v6
and apply.
Martin

"chris1979" wrote:

> What is the procedure in Vista to disable the ipv6? I haven't worked with
> Vista much.
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
> > chris1979 wrote:
> > > One of our employees purchased a new Toshiba Satellite P105-S6207 that come
> > > with Vista Home Premium. She didn't like Vista and I spoke with their tech
> > > support and they say the laptop was made specifically for Vista and they
> > > won't be providing Windows XP drivers any time soon. I told her she is stuck
> > > with it for now.
> > >
> > > So the internet was working great for a week connecting through a Linksys
> > > wireless G router. Since this weekend she says she can't on the internet at
> > > all now. I took a look it and it connects to the router no problem. Her
> > > daughter has Windows XP on a laptop and has no problems. When I looked at
> > > the wireless connection status and settings, it says ipv4 is connected local
> > > and internet. But ipv6 says limited. Any idea on why she cannot get
> > > internet access at all now and she says she hasn't done anything different
> > > except type a few letters and pay some bills.

> > Disable IPV6 and stick with IPV4.
> >

> > Malke
> > --
> > Elephant Boy Computers
> > www.elephantboycomputers.com
> > "Don't Panic!"
> > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXMxOTc5?=

Re: IPv6 says limited

"Malke" wrote:

> chris1979 wrote:
> > One of our employees purchased a new Toshiba Satellite P105-S6207 that come
> > with Vista Home Premium. She didn't like Vista and I spoke with their tech
> > support and they say the laptop was made specifically for Vista and they
> > won't be providing Windows XP drivers any time soon. I told her she is stuck
> > with it for now.
> >
> > So the internet was working great for a week connecting through a Linksys
> > wireless G router. Since this weekend she says she can't on the internet at
> > all now. I took a look it and it connects to the router no problem. Her
> > daughter has Windows XP on a laptop and has no problems. When I looked at
> > the wireless connection status and settings, it says ipv4 is connected local
> > and internet. But ipv6 says limited. Any idea on why she cannot get
> > internet access at all now and she says she hasn't done anything different
> > except type a few letters and pay some bills.

> Disable IPV6 and stick with IPV4.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Keith D

reply:-: IPv6 says limited

> What is the procedure in Vista to disable the ipv6? I haven't worked with
> Vista much.

Hi

Control panel

network and sharing centre

second line down Connection click on view status

then properties

remove tick from IPV6

click OK

cheers

K/

agbiggs@hotmail.com

Re: reply:-: IPv6 says limited
On Feb 21, 12:50 pm, "Keith D" <scan...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > What is the procedure in Vista to disable theipv6? I haven't worked with
> > Vista much.

> Hi
>
> Control panel
>
> network and sharing centre
>
> second line down Connection click on view status
>
> then properties
>
> remove tick fromIPV6
>
> click OK
>
> cheers
>
> K/

I've had a very similar problem -- can hardly get online using a new
Vista computer, while my wife's XP laptop is doing fine (eg, she
connects at around 4 Mbits while I'm at around 150k...). I tried
unchecking IPV6 and haven't really seen any affect. Can you all think
of anything else that might be going on? Vista was ok for around a
week, not it's terrible. Thanks!