VISTA Networking Toubles

=?Utf-8?B?R0hDVkE=?=

VISTA Networking Toubles
I told Eric that I would post the results of using the tech article related
to trouble networking a VISTA computer to a net containing XP's and others.

I used the article "File and Printer Sharing in Windows
Vista" and followed it through from beginning to end. Many of the
suggestions I had already implemented. I found I needed to set the "Share"
properties on several folders and printers correctly. I checked the IP
addresses using the needed settings and had to adjust the computer which also
serves as the server. By following the article systematically, I also found a
firewall running in the background (Norton) installed in my new computer
which I have now turned off and will uninstall and use the Windows security
suite. THE NETWORK IS NOW RUNNING WELL.

I would say that Microsoft should include in the documentation furnished
with Windows Vista a explantion of how the file and print sharing needs to be
configured for non-techies and also include a reference to this article.

Thanks Eric.

GHCVA

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: VISTA Networking Toubles
Thank you for sharing your experience with us?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"GHCVA" <GHCVA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:300B1E35-5F30-477D-B7DB-CCE1A7B9F20B@microsoft.com...
[...]

Eric Cross [MVP]

Re: VISTA Networking Toubles
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you got it sorted.

--
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)