Web browsers not loading

=?Utf-8?B?S2VycmFuY2U=?=

Web browsers not loading
I have recently upgraded Xp to Vista Business and am now having problems with
3rd party browsers and software.
Neither Firefox or Opera can completly load a homepage they both get stuck
about half done.
I have tried running in compatibility mode and as admin with no effect, i
have also tried switching off the firewall.
I have also tried a complete format and reinstall but get the same.
I have also installed avg but couldnt update the software and installed pc
cillin beta but this couldnt update either.
I have tried deselecting ipv6 but this has made no difference
IE7 and messenger live work ok.
I never had any problems before updating and also have linux running on the
same machine, these browsers still work fine in linux.
I am connected via a netgear modem/router - these settings are the same as
before upgrading.

Can any body help me here, am i missing another setting or something?
=?Utf-8?B?S2VycmFuY2U=?=

RE: Web browsers not loading

Manage to sort this by disabling autotuning

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning = disabled in command prompt.

Any ideas why this would be?
Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\)

Re: Web browsers not loading
That disables some of the smart TCP adjustments that the Vista stack does.
Although they're all legitimate TCP, they do confuse a few routers. If that
fixes your issues, then your router is in that group. If you replace your
router, try turning it back on.

"Kerrance" <Kerrance@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de

> Manage to sort this by disabling autotuning
>
> netsh interface tcp set global autotuning = disabled in command prompt.
>
> Any ideas why this would be?

=?Utf-8?B?S2VycmFuY2U=?=

Re: Web browsers not loading
Thanks for the reply, I will be moving house soon and intend to upgrade to
wireless. i will try turning it back on then.