Vista Laptop not connecting to XP Desktops

Ryan Young

Vista Laptop not connecting to XP Desktops
Well, looks like a similar problem to others but still not finding a
solution. Have a new Dell laptop running Vista wirelessly. Two desktops
are running XP and another laptop is running XP - all XP systems connect
back and forth properly - file sharing and printing. The Vista laptop sees
all the XP systems, but will only connect to one of the desktops on which I
can see files. When trying to connect to the others I get an access denied
error. I can access the public folder on the Vista system from the wired XP
machines, but not the XP laptop (path is not accessible) and I cannot access
my shared folder C even though I have password protection off. NetBIOS over
TCP/IP is turned on on all systems. Workgroup names are the same. I have
the Vista system set to allow everyone, but that shouldn't matter if
password protection is off. When I map the network, none of the XP systems
come up in the top of the screen, but the XP wireless laptop and one of the
desktops appear at the bottom in the unplaced section. How can I get
everyone talking here?

chinga69

Re: Vista Laptop not connecting to XP Desktops

are they all set up under the one workgroup name and have you manually
set the ip address or auto

--
chinga69

CHEERS CHINGA69
Ryan Young

Re: Vista Laptop not connecting to XP Desktops
they are all in the same workgroup and I have tried both auto IP and manual.
Internet works, not the network.

"chinga69" <chinga69.2maqzl@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> are they all set up under the one workgroup name and have you manually
> set the ip address or auto
>

> --
> chinga69
>
> CHEERS CHINGA69

chinga69

Re: Vista Laptop not connecting to XP Desktops

install ipx/spx protocol on the xp machines and see if that helps has
for me in the past but that was all xp machines

--
chinga69

CHEERS CHINGA69
chinga69

Re: Vista Laptop not connecting to XP Desktops

also from xp to vista i have to put in the vista username and password
to access the shared folders on vista machine

--
chinga69

CHEERS CHINGA69
=?Utf-8?B?UmljIFN0ZXJsaW5n?=

RE: Vista Laptop not connecting to XP Desktops
Ryan: this is so amazing..This is same thing that is happening to me (but
with only one computer using xp on destop) and the vista laptop..

Wow I know this feeling well