Limited connectivity with Vista notebook

=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW5G?=

Limited connectivity with Vista notebook
I have a home network with 2 XP PC's run through a Actiontek 1524 DSL
modem/gateway (all wired). It is with Qwest DSL. I recently bought a Toshiba
A135-S4427 Satellite notebook that was just released with Vista Home Premium,
and pluged it into my network. The network icon in the system tray gives me a
Limited connectivity message, and won't connect to the network or the
internet. My other computers are still all connected, and can communicate. I
took it back to Best Buy and it connected to their network just fine. I don't
trust the local Geek Sqaud, when they look like they are still in Jr high.
What can I try?
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Limited connectivity with Vista notebook
You may need to re-configure the NIC, for example low the speed. This search result may help,

Troubleshooting limited or no connectivity"This connection has limited or no connectivity. " "You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources" ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/troublesh...nnectivity.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"BrianF" <BrianF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsD3B0548-E521-4CB1-866B-1F6E4EAFFA34@microsoft.com...
I have a home network with 2 XP PC's run through a Actiontek 1524 DSL
modem/gateway (all wired). It is with Qwest DSL. I recently bought a Toshiba
A135-S4427 Satellite notebook that was just released with Vista Home Premium,
and pluged it into my network. The network icon in the system tray gives me a
Limited connectivity message, and won't connect to the network or the
internet. My other computers are still all connected, and can communicate. I
took it back to Best Buy and it connected to their network just fine. I don't
trust the local Geek Sqaud, when they look like they are still in Jr high.
What can I try?
=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW5G?=

Re: Limited connectivity with Vista notebook
THANK YOU so very much! I have been trying for 5 days to get connected. It
was the speed that was the problem. Again thanks.

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> You may need to re-configure the NIC, for example low the speed. This search result may help,
>
> Troubleshooting limited or no connectivity"This connection has limited or no connectivity. " "You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources" ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/troublesh...nnectivity.htm
>

> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "BrianF" <BrianF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsD3B0548-E521-4CB1-866B-1F6E4EAFFA34@microsoft.com...
> I have a home network with 2 XP PC's run through a Actiontek 1524 DSL
> modem/gateway (all wired). It is with Qwest DSL. I recently bought a Toshiba
> A135-S4427 Satellite notebook that was just released with Vista Home Premium,
> and pluged it into my network. The network icon in the system tray gives me a
> Limited connectivity message, and won't connect to the network or the
> internet. My other computers are still all connected, and can communicate. I
> took it back to Best Buy and it connected to their network just fine. I don't
> trust the local Geek Sqaud, when they look like they are still in Jr high.
> What can I try?

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Limited connectivity with Vista notebook
Thank you for the feedback.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE