Sync Center

super1

Sync Center
I have a PPC phone that works fine and can reach my company exchange server
when not connected to my vista machine. When I put it in the cradle, it
can't reach the exchange server, doesn't get any email, and the Sync Center
says there is an error. "The server could not be reached. This can be
caused by temporary network conditions."

Since it works perfect when not connected, what could be wrong with Sync
Center to cause this?
Thanks

Sean Cai [MSFT]

RE: Sync Center
Hello,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft newsgroup!

From your post, my understanding on this issue is: your PPC phone can't
connect to Exchange server on Vista. If I'm off base, please feel free to
let me know.

In Windows Vista, Windows Mobile Device Center has replaced Microsoft
ActiveSync. Therefore, we need to install Microsoft Windows Mobile Device
Center for Windows Vista before synchronize the Mobile machine.

Here's the download link:
Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center Driver for Windows Vista (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...3ea-9df9-4920-
af33-3a0e2e4e7beb&DisplayLang=en

In addition, I would like to send you some related article on Windows Vista
Mobile Device Center Step by Step Guide. Hope it helps:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...-8f87-4dd2-828
a-4df238a3138b1033.mspx?mfr=true

Please let me know if you have any other concerns, or need anything else.

Have a great day!

Sean Cai, MCSE2000
Microsoft Online Partner Support

super1

Re: Sync Center
Yes, I already have the Mobile Device Center and I have a partnership that
syncs documents back and forth. Everything works fine except for the fact
that the device can't get email while connected to Vista. This means that
as soon as I leave it starts going off saying I have all these new messages
that I have already dealt with.

I have removed my partnership and re-created it to no avail. Any ideas why
vista would interfear with the phone connecting to the exchange server?

"Sean Cai [MSFT]" <v-secai@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for posting in the Microsoft newsgroup!
>
> From your post, my understanding on this issue is: your PPC phone can't
> connect to Exchange server on Vista. If I'm off base, please feel free to
> let me know.
>
> In Windows Vista, Windows Mobile Device Center has replaced Microsoft
> ActiveSync. Therefore, we need to install Microsoft Windows Mobile Device
> Center for Windows Vista before synchronize the Mobile machine.
>
> Here's the download link:
> Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center Driver for Windows Vista (x86)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...3ea-9df9-4920-
> af33-3a0e2e4e7beb&DisplayLang=en
>
> In addition, I would like to send you some related article on Windows
> Vista
> Mobile Device Center Step by Step Guide. Hope it helps:
> http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...-8f87-4dd2-828
> a-4df238a3138b1033.mspx?mfr=true
>
> Please let me know if you have any other concerns, or need anything else.
>
> Have a great day!
>
> Sean Cai, MCSE2000
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> ================================================== ===
> ================================================== ===
> rights.

Sean Cai [MSFT]

Re: Sync Center
Hello,

According to your description, I can see that Exchange Server configuration
is fine for ActiveSync access and since you have installed WMDC, there's no
more suggestion we can provide on the client side. Considering our
newsgroup is focusing on Vista, we are only here for Vista issue. For any
question about PC ActiveSync, please post your question in newsgroup
microsoft.public.pocketpc
Or -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...r/en-us/defaul
t.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pocketpc

You will get the most qualified pool of respondents in this newsgroup, and
other partners who access the newsgroups regularly can either share their
knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your
understanding.