Unable to access shared folder on XP machine

garyreynolds900@hotmail.com

Unable to access shared folder on XP machine
Hello there,

We have 4 boxes set up in a simple network. Machine A (Windows XP)
has a folder on it that is shared out (to everyone - full access)

Two other machines B and C (Windows XP and Windows 2000 respectively)
can access this shared folder fine - we can create new files in the
folder and also can change existing files.

Our Windows Vista machine can see this folder, but has read-only
access - we cannot change existing files, and cannot create new files.

Can anyone offer a suggestion of how what to try? It would seem as
though the 'problem' is with the Vista box, but I'm not sure where to
begin.

Thanks,

Gary.

=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=

RE: Unable to access shared folder on XP machine
Gary, I'm sorry you're experiencing problems. There are some differences
between Vista and XP in the area of file sharing and permissions. Please
review the TechNet article below and follow the recommendations, and then
please let us know if you're still experiencing difficulties.

Kim [MS]

On 5 Feb, 20:03, Kim [MS] <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Gary, I'm sorry you're experiencing problems. There are some differences
> between Vista and XP in the area of file sharing and permissions. Please
> review the TechNet article below and follow the recommendations, and then
> please let us know if you're still experiencing difficulties.

> Kim [MS]
>
> "garyreynolds...@hotmail.com" wrote:
> > Hello there,

> > We have 4 boxes set up in a simple network. Machine A (Windows XP)
> > has a folder on it that is shared out (to everyone - full access)

> > Two other machines B and C (Windows XP and Windows 2000 respectively)
> > can access this shared folder fine - we can create new files in the
> > folder and also can change existing files.

> > Our Windows Vista machine can see this folder, but has read-only
> > access - we cannot change existing files, and cannot create new files.

> > Can anyone offer a suggestion of how what to try? It would seem as
> > though the 'problem' is with the Vista box, but I'm not sure where to
> > begin.

> > Thanks,

> > Gary.

Thanks - we're not quite sure which part of this linked actually
resolved the situation yet, but we now have a working solution.