Trying to connect two computers to the internet at the same time (

=?Utf-8?B?TGVhaFVL?=

Trying to connect two computers to the internet at the same time (
I have a wireless router and two laptops which i would like to connect up
together. One has built in wireless capability and the other I have a USB
device plugged in. They can both connect to the internet at separate times,
but if I want to use them both at the same time, only one can connect. The
other still connects to the router but it says "Local" on the Network And
Sharing Center under 'Access'. The map shows both the computers and the
router but only one has 'Internet Gateway'. What am I doing wrong? I've
tried Help And Support but with no progress.
AJR

Re: Trying to connect two computers to the internet at the same time (
A wireless broadband router connected to internet access (example cable
modem) will provide access to computers connected to it (router).

ICS (internet connection sharing) can be used. A laptop with access to the
internet shares the connection - two computers can then access the internet
at the same time. However the laptop sharing the connection must be on for
the other laptop to access the internet.

"LeahUK" <LeahUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a wireless router and two laptops which i would like to connect up
> together. One has built in wireless capability and the other I have a USB
> device plugged in. They can both connect to the internet at separate
> times,
> but if I want to use them both at the same time, only one can connect.
> The
> other still connects to the router but it says "Local" on the Network And
> Sharing Center under 'Access'. The map shows both the computers and the
> router but only one has 'Internet Gateway'. What am I doing wrong? I've
> tried Help And Support but with no progress.

=?Utf-8?B?TGVhaFVL?=

Re: Trying to connect two computers to the internet at the same ti
Is there any other way? I once bought a wireless usb adaptor to connect my
pc to the internet and at that time I could connect two laptops at the same
time. So why can't I connect two computers now. How do I setup a ICS? I've
tried it before but only used the HTTP & HTTPS check boxes. Do I have to
tick them all? Thanks.