Wireless Lags Every 60 seconds

=?Utf-8?B?QXVzc2ll?=

Wireless Lags Every 60 seconds
I have a Wireless Belkin f5d7000au PCI network card with Vista and during
online game play i keep getting huge lag spikes every 60 seconds exactly.
When i was on XP i had the same problem but was fixed by using RaLink's
software instead of Microsofts Wireless Zero program. Im pretty sure it was
due to Zero looking for other connections every 60 seconds.
I have tried using Microsoft's, Belkin's and Ralink's software but still get
the same problem.
Could this be still causing it drop out every 60 secs in Vista?
How can it be fixed ?

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems with the hardware.
=?Utf-8?B?bmVpbDJqbw==?=

RE: Wireless Lags Every 60 seconds
Hi cant hrlp you but I have the same problem using a Ralink RT61 turbo
wireless also listed in the network is Realtek RTL8168/8111...
I have listed in 5 forums to date with no repsonses, but have also read that
we are not alone. I am trying to set up a LAN cable to see if this temp
improves my problem.
Be interested if you solve the problem

"Aussie" wrote:

> I have a Wireless Belkin f5d7000au PCI network card with Vista and during
> online game play i keep getting huge lag spikes every 60 seconds exactly.
> When i was on XP i had the same problem but was fixed by using RaLink's
> software instead of Microsofts Wireless Zero program. Im pretty sure it was
> due to Zero looking for other connections every 60 seconds.
> I have tried using Microsoft's, Belkin's and Ralink's software but still get
> the same problem.
> Could this be still causing it drop out every 60 secs in Vista?
> How can it be fixed ?
>
> If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
> All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems with the hardware.

=?Utf-8?B?QXVzc2ll?=

RE: Wireless Lags Every 60 seconds
Hey there ive also listed in a few forums and no reply either. Ive even
called Microsoft Tech support and they couldnt even help me out. They just
sent me to a few pages on their Vista website which still didnt help.
If i find out what the problem is ill let ya know.
Did the LAN cable improve the problem ?

"neil2jo" wrote:

> Hi cant hrlp you but I have the same problem using a Ralink RT61 turbo
> wireless also listed in the network is Realtek RTL8168/8111...
> I have listed in 5 forums to date with no repsonses, but have also read that
> we are not alone. I am trying to set up a LAN cable to see if this temp
> improves my problem.
> Be interested if you solve the problem
>
> "Aussie" wrote:
>
> > I have a Wireless Belkin f5d7000au PCI network card with Vista and during
> > online game play i keep getting huge lag spikes every 60 seconds exactly.
> > When i was on XP i had the same problem but was fixed by using RaLink's
> > software instead of Microsofts Wireless Zero program. Im pretty sure it was
> > due to Zero looking for other connections every 60 seconds.
> > I have tried using Microsoft's, Belkin's and Ralink's software but still get
> > the same problem.
> > Could this be still causing it drop out every 60 secs in Vista?
> > How can it be fixed ?
> >
> > If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
> > All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems with the hardware.

=?Utf-8?B?bmVpbDJqbw==?=

RE: Wireless Lags Every 60 seconds
Hi I can confirm that the wireless problem at least occurs in Americas army
and Battlefield 2142. I have now used wired mrthod to the router and the
problem is at least solved for BF2142
Bets of luck

"Aussie" wrote:

> I have a Wireless Belkin f5d7000au PCI network card with Vista and during
> online game play i keep getting huge lag spikes every 60 seconds exactly.
> When i was on XP i had the same problem but was fixed by using RaLink's
> software instead of Microsofts Wireless Zero program. Im pretty sure it was
> due to Zero looking for other connections every 60 seconds.
> I have tried using Microsoft's, Belkin's and Ralink's software but still get
> the same problem.
> Could this be still causing it drop out every 60 secs in Vista?
> How can it be fixed ?
>
> If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
> All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems with the hardware.

Plz help. Online gaming is getting so frusrtrating. Decided to buy a new
Wireless card. Its a Dlink DWL-G510. I decided to buy it because it had
actual Vista Drivers for it. But it still didnt fix the problem. Im 100 %
sure it has something to do with WLAN utility in Vista. The problem was
solved in XP by using Thind party software instead of WZC. The software isnt
usable in Vista.

Please help.
Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\)

Re: Wireless Lags Every 60 seconds
Try opening the Resource Monitor (Task Manager > Performance > Resource
Monitor) and see if there's something interfering every sixty seconds....
If it's happening periodically, it seems like something would have to be
happening at high priority that's delaying the network traffic, especially
if it's not a card/driver issue since you're using a totally different card.

Vista does request scan results from the driver every sixty seconds; the
driver can fulfill that request by any means it chooses; most do a
progressive scan over time and pass up the current list when the OS requests
it, but some are better than others and a number of factors in the system
impact how long that takes.

Could you please post your driver information ("netsh wlan show drivers"
from an elevated command prompt) for each card here? The wireless PM I
spoke to would also like to know what AP, how your signal strength is, how
many wireless profiles you have saved, and how many networks the scans are
detecting if you can post that information as well.

"Aussie" <Aussie@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de

> "Aussie" wrote:
>
>> I have a Wireless Belkin f5d7000au PCI network card with Vista and during
>> online game play i keep getting huge lag spikes every 60 seconds exactly.
>> When i was on XP i had the same problem but was fixed by using RaLink's
>> software instead of Microsofts Wireless Zero program. Im pretty sure it
>> was
>> due to Zero looking for other connections every 60 seconds.
>> I have tried using Microsoft's, Belkin's and Ralink's software but still
>> get
>> the same problem.
>> Could this be still causing it drop out every 60 secs in Vista?
>> How can it be fixed ?
>>
>> If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
>> All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems with the
>> hardware.

> Plz help. Online gaming is getting so frusrtrating. Decided to buy a new
> Wireless card. Its a Dlink DWL-G510. I decided to buy it because it had
> actual Vista Drivers for it. But it still didnt fix the problem. Im 100 %
> sure it has something to do with WLAN utility in Vista. The problem was
> solved in XP by using Thind party software instead of WZC. The software
> isnt
> usable in Vista.
>
> Please help.

ril

RE: Wireless Lags Every 60 seconds
This is caused by thy vista wireless service scanning for networks everty 60
secs. Generate a wireless service report and you will see it.

I do not know why this is such a surprise to everybody this was the same in
XP.
For Vista Belkin have not yet written their pown wireless manager. The XP
one scanned but after connecting you could switch it off and maintain the
Network.

This is typical of Microsoft to ignore a known issue which causes gamers
(the most common use of home computers) grief.

Until we get third party wireless managers for Vista or MS address this
issue the only way ahead is to revert back to hard wire or locate a wireless
switch next to your computer and connect via LAN.

Thanks for the progress Microsoft!!!!!

"Aussie" wrote:

> I have a Wireless Belkin f5d7000au PCI network card with Vista and during
> online game play i keep getting huge lag spikes every 60 seconds exactly.
> When i was on XP i had the same problem but was fixed by using RaLink's
> software instead of Microsofts Wireless Zero program. Im pretty sure it was
> due to Zero looking for other connections every 60 seconds.
> I have tried using Microsoft's, Belkin's and Ralink's software but still get
> the same problem.
> Could this be still causing it drop out every 60 secs in Vista?
> How can it be fixed ?
>
> If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
> All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems with the hardware.

ril

RE: Wireless Lags Every 60 seconds
Go here http://www.codecase.de/ and download Vista Anti Lag (VAL). I had to
restart my computer a couple of times and your connection has to be good but
it works. It does stop the 60s lag as windows vista polls for new networks.