Vista Home Basics supports Workgroup networking?

=?Utf-8?B?QWx2aW5Hb2g=?=

Vista Home Basics supports Workgroup networking?
Can Vista Home Basics supports simple Workgroup networking for sharing of
Printers and Internet resources?
Steve Winograd [MVP]

Re: Vista Home Basics supports Workgroup networking?
In article <A1182C0B-0269-4FCC-BE0B-442004E05AB7@microsoft.com>,
AlvinGoh <AlvinGoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Can Vista Home Basics supports simple Workgroup networking for sharing of
>Printers and Internet resources?

Yes. All versions of Vista work the same in workgroup networking.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
=?Utf-8?B?QWx2aW5Hb2g=?=

Re: Vista Home Basics supports Workgroup networking?
Thanks Steve.
I posted this questions because the dealer claims that Vista Home Basics and
Premium do not have any networking capabilities at ALL and asking me to go
for a higher version of Vista.....what a misleading remarks they have made...

Best Regards
Alvin Goh

In article <372087A1-6174-4C79-9D28-09EE54FEAB09@microsoft.com>,
AlvinGoh <AlvinGoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> >Can Vista Home Basics supports simple Workgroup networking for sharing of
>> >Printers and Internet resources?

>> Yes. All versions of Vista work the same in workgroup networking.

>Thanks Steve.
>I posted this questions because the dealer claims that Vista Home Basics and
>Premium do not have any networking capabilities at ALL and asking me to go
>for a higher version of Vista.....what a misleading remarks they have made...
>
>Best Regards
>Alvin Goh

You're welcome, Alvin. The Home versions can't join a domain, which
is a type of network used mostly by large businesses, universities,
etc. Perhaps that's what the dealer was thinking of.

FYI, here's a chart that shows the capabilities of the Vista versions:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ns/choose.mspx