Network never works after hibernation

=?Utf-8?B?TWFzb24=?=

Network never works after hibernation
I like to use sleep/hibernate because my classes are 15 minutes apart and
don't want to bother with a complete shut down. However, when I "wake up" the
computer from a sleep or hibernation session, the internet no longer works.

I'm not a beginner-- it's not that the wireless signal disconnects, it's
that all network functions stop working. I can't open up the windows network
toolbar/control, I can't see what I'm connected to, I can't even use my
proprietary thinkpad network access program. They all try to open but freeze
halfway.

This isn't just with wireless. When I hibernate at night connected to
ethernet and turn it on next night, the computer refuses to automatically
connect to anything (both the ethernet and wireless). The network controls
freeze here too.

This happens every time. I've tried disconnecting the networks and turning
off the wireless radio before hibernate -- still freezes. The only way to
reconnect after a hibernate is to shut down, but the shut down doesn't even
work. I've left it on "please wait as your computer shuts down" for over 30
minutes with no change. I have to disconnect the power.

Anyone know what's going on? I'm running a Thinkpad T43 w/ intel pro 8220
wireless card, all drivers updated. Thanks for your help
=?Utf-8?B?U3R1YXJ0IFtNVlBd?=

RE: Network never works after hibernation
Mason,

I don't know of a fix for this yet and I (and others) are also having
problems using sleep/hibernation on Vista RTM. At this point I'd guess there
are still problems with some of the drivers out there that aren't
Vista-certified and they are causing various problems after Vista attempts to
return from sleep or hibernation. At this point, just keep an eye out for
updated drivers for all your devices and install them when they become
Vista-certified (WDDM).

Regards.

Stuart.
----------

"Mason" wrote:

> I like to use sleep/hibernate because my classes are 15 minutes apart and
> don't want to bother with a complete shut down. However, when I "wake up" the
> computer from a sleep or hibernation session, the internet no longer works.
>
> I'm not a beginner-- it's not that the wireless signal disconnects, it's
> that all network functions stop working. I can't open up the windows network
> toolbar/control, I can't see what I'm connected to, I can't even use my
> proprietary thinkpad network access program. They all try to open but freeze
> halfway.
>
> This isn't just with wireless. When I hibernate at night connected to
> ethernet and turn it on next night, the computer refuses to automatically
> connect to anything (both the ethernet and wireless). The network controls
> freeze here too.
>
> This happens every time. I've tried disconnecting the networks and turning
> off the wireless radio before hibernate -- still freezes. The only way to
> reconnect after a hibernate is to shut down, but the shut down doesn't even
> work. I've left it on "please wait as your computer shuts down" for over 30
> minutes with no change. I have to disconnect the power.
>
> Anyone know what's going on? I'm running a Thinkpad T43 w/ intel pro 8220
> wireless card, all drivers updated. Thanks for your help

=?Utf-8?B?TWFzb24=?=

RE: Network never works after hibernation
Has this still not been solved?
ryan.hudson.au@gmail.com

Re: Network never works after hibernation
I too have had this problem since RC1. I have a dell Lattitude D620. I
installed the lateste dell driver and all my problems have gopne
away