Vista problem with Netgear DM111P ethernet modem

surge

Vista problem with Netgear DM111P ethernet modem

Has anybody got a Netgear DM111P ethernet modem working with Vista?
It works fine on the Windows XP partition on my PC, and always has.
However, it does not seem to work on Windows Vista. On Vista, I reset
the modem to factory defaults, login to the web configuration page
(192.168.0.1), and configure the modem.When I reboot the
modem from the web page, I lose connection to the web configuration
page and obviously cannot connect to the internet either. The web
configuration page then remains inaccessible (unless I reset the modem
again!). The Intel Proset LAN drivers on the motherboard (Badaxe 2) are
up to date and Vista compatible.
Thanks !

--
surge
surge's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21666

http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?SmFja3NvbiBQ?=

RE: Vista problem with Netgear DM111P ethernet modem
Hi Surge

Unfortunately I've no solution for you but I do have the exact same problem.
I got my DM111P as part of my signup package from Irish Broadband, an Irish
ISP. After 3 service calls and a modem replacement, I'm still no closer to
getting connected, despite a variety of suggestions of things to try, and
unfortunately I've a brand spanking new Dell laptop that came preloaded with
Vista so I can't revert to XP (this is my first home PC in a decade, I'd
always relied on a variety of Macs in work until going freelance and I'm
beginning to regret not getting a MacBook!)

From looking on Netgear's site:

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_f...#vista_modemgw

They themselves don't appear to have a solution at present. I posted
elsewhere on these forums about my own conundrum only to get a load of "what
are you talking about, no reason why it shouldn't work" responses. I'm glad
to see I'm not the only one out there!

Cheers

Jackson

"surge" wrote:

> Has anybody got a Netgear DM111P ethernet modem working with Vista?
> It works fine on the Windows XP partition on my PC, and always has.
> However, it does not seem to work on Windows Vista. On Vista, I reset
> the modem to factory defaults, login to the web configuration page
> (192.168.0.1), and configure the modem.When I reboot the
> modem from the web page, I lose connection to the web configuration
> page and obviously cannot connect to the internet either. The web
> configuration page then remains inaccessible (unless I reset the modem
> again!). The Intel Proset LAN drivers on the motherboard (Badaxe 2) are
> up to date and Vista compatible.
> Thanks !
>

> --
> surge
> surge's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21666
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=674259
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?U211Z2dsZXI=?=

RE: Vista problem with Netgear DM111P ethernet modem
I've got this problem too.
Netgear support told me that is a Vista problem and "Microsoft is aware and
working on it".
In the meantime I placed an access point (La Fonera) to get internet
access... it's not the best solution but it works...

"Jackson P" wrote:

> Hi Surge
>
> Unfortunately I've no solution for you but I do have the exact same problem.
> I got my DM111P as part of my signup package from Irish Broadband, an Irish
> ISP. After 3 service calls and a modem replacement, I'm still no closer to
> getting connected, despite a variety of suggestions of things to try, and
> unfortunately I've a brand spanking new Dell laptop that came preloaded with
> Vista so I can't revert to XP (this is my first home PC in a decade, I'd
> always relied on a variety of Macs in work until going freelance and I'm
> beginning to regret not getting a MacBook!)
>
> From looking on Netgear's site:
>
> http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_f...#vista_modemgw
>
> They themselves don't appear to have a solution at present. I posted
> elsewhere on these forums about my own conundrum only to get a load of "what
> are you talking about, no reason why it shouldn't work" responses. I'm glad
> to see I'm not the only one out there!
>
> Cheers
>
> Jackson

=?Utf-8?B?SmFja3NvbiBQ?=

RE: Vista problem with Netgear DM111P ethernet modem
Hey guys

Try this:

http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d103080.asp

I got snotty with my ISP today, they just rang back with this update from
Netgear. Unfortunately now my modem seems to have gone on the fritz - power
button's stuck on red even after trying to restore factory settings, so I
can't find out if it'll work yet!

Keep posted...

Jackson