Network Problems.

Mossie

Network Problems.
I have no network as such, but my internet connection is via a router
and I have constant problems since upgrading. I seem to lose the
connection several times daily, and even when I don't lose the
connection it is much slower than it was under XP. My network adapter
is an NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, built into the mobo. I have
tried getting an updated driver but none is available on the nvidia
website for vista. If I right click the network icon on the taskbar,
select "Diagnose and Repair" it tries to repair, then says it can't
solve the problem and asks if I want to reset the adapter. Sometimes
this solves the problems, sometimes not. Is this a known problem?

Also under Local Area Connection properties in the box "This
connectionuses the following items" I have
Client for Microsoft Networks
QoS Packet Scheduler
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
TCP/IP v4 and v6
Link layer topology discovery mapper I/O driver
Link layer topology discovery responder
Do I need all of these on a computer with only an internet connection,
no LAN?
Thanks.
Mossie
Phinz13@gmail.com

Re: Network Problems.
I have an HP laptop with a Broadcom wireless g internal and am having
the exact same issues! Everything worked fine until I upgarded over
the weekend. Even the blue wireless light on the laptop is blinking
now as opposed to just being on. I get disconnected several times, and
when it IS connected its VERY slow. I also have found that when I
click reset the network adapter, it will be PK, but only for a while
before the headache comes back.
Hopefully someone has a fix, its killing me!

=?Utf-8?B?U3R1YXJ0IFtNVlBd?=

Re: Network Problems.
This article (just released) may address your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931770/en-us

Regards,

Stuart.
--------