Network tray icon

Diamontina Cocktail

Network tray icon
I updated this machine to Vista a day ago and all seemed OK at first
excepting that now I cant autosync a PDA on it. Wont recognise the Ipaq
HX2190 damn it.

Anyway, today the icon for the wireless network just drops off the tray and
cant get it back nor can I find the option to do so anywhere. No it isnt
hidden as I changed to show ALL icons. I note that about half my running
program icons are gone, too.

Anyone know how to get the wireless network icon back? I like to REPAIR off
the tray icon when needed.

Max

Re: Network tray icon
Did you download and install this?

Maxwell Bluemeanie

"Diamontina Cocktail" <lrb@australia.com> wrote in message
>I updated this machine to Vista a day ago and all seemed OK at first
>excepting that now I cant autosync a PDA on it. Wont recognise the Ipaq
>HX2190 damn it.

Eric Cross [MVP]

Re: Network tray icon
Hello Diamontina,

To make the network icon appear in the notification area, please follow
these steps:

Right-click in the system tray, and choose Properties.
Click the Notification area tab.
Make sure the Network checkbox is checked.

--
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)

"Diamontina Cocktail" <lrb@australia.com> wrote in message
>I updated this machine to Vista a day ago and all seemed OK at first
>excepting that now I cant autosync a PDA on it. Wont recognise the Ipaq
>HX2190 damn it.
>
> Anyway, today the icon for the wireless network just drops off the tray
> and cant get it back nor can I find the option to do so anywhere. No it
> isnt hidden as I changed to show ALL icons. I note that about half my
> running program icons are gone, too.
>
> Anyone know how to get the wireless network icon back? I like to REPAIR
> off the tray icon when needed.

Diamontina Cocktail

Re: Network tray icon
Yep, stupid me that was it. Thanks for that.

Finally got the PDA to sync. Only took 4 uninstall and installs of the
Windows Mobile Device Centre to get it going. Sigh....

"Eric Cross [MVP]" <ecross4@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello Diamontina,
>
> To make the network icon appear in the notification area, please follow
> these steps:
>
> Right-click in the system tray, and choose Properties.
> Click the Notification area tab.
> Make sure the Network checkbox is checked.
>
> --
> Eric Cross
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Diamontina Cocktail" <lrb@australia.com> wrote in message
>>I updated this machine to Vista a day ago and all seemed OK at first
>>excepting that now I cant autosync a PDA on it. Wont recognise the Ipaq
>>HX2190 damn it.
>>
>> Anyway, today the icon for the wireless network just drops off the tray
>> and cant get it back nor can I find the option to do so anywhere. No it
>> isnt hidden as I changed to show ALL icons. I note that about half my
>> running program icons are gone, too.
>>
>> Anyone know how to get the wireless network icon back? I like to REPAIR
>> off the tray icon when needed.

Diamontina Cocktail

Re: Network tray icon
Yep. Took 4 goes at installing it before it worked.

"Max" <max@home.com> wrote in message
> Did you download and install this?

> Maxwell Bluemeanie
>

> "Diamontina Cocktail" <lrb@australia.com> wrote in message
>>I updated this machine to Vista a day ago and all seemed OK at first
>>excepting that now I cant autosync a PDA on it. Wont recognise the Ipaq
>>HX2190 damn it.

suego@comcast.net

Re: Network tray icon

Eric...VERY helpful but why did Microsoft make the default for this
useful feature of knowing you have wireless access as NOT ON????