VISTA Wireless Connection IP Resolve Problems

IDBUGM

VISTA Wireless Connection IP Resolve Problems
I have a SONICWALL TZ150 and I bought me a couple new DELL VISTA
Computers. I called Linksys, Dell, and Sonicwall.

When VISTA WLAN tries to connect to the SONICWALL it bounces back for
IP SPOOF error. Vista is not changing it's IP range to fit within my
network. Thus, I can't resolve an address back to my box.

Simple enough problem I thought.

I went in and set a Static IP to my network range. When I check
IPCONFIG i get an internal IPv4 Address, Jacked up Subnet and my
Default Gateway. I can't get VISTA to use the IP I told it to use.
Because of these issues I can't get the system to sync with my
SonicWall using WLAN.

The LAN works fine. I resolve and connect, all without any problems.
Any Suggestions?

IDBUGM

CurtSzal

Re: VISTA Wireless Connection IP Resolve Problems

I had the same problem (IP address already in use on the network - DHCP
or static IPs made no difference - same error either way) with a
SonicWall TZ 150 Wireless Standard router running Sonic OS Standard
3.1.3.0-6s firmware trying to connect a Toshiba laptop with Vista Home
Basic. An IBM T-42 Laptop with Windows XP SP2 connected instantly as
does every other PC in the house. I had seen a post recommending a
firmware upgrade. We went to SonicWall's web site and after logging in
to our existing support account (yes, you have to have your SonicWall
registered to receive support!) we downloaded the firmware at version
3.1.5.0-2s and applied it. It took several minutes to upload the
firmware to the router. Downloading and reading the release notes is key
to getting the procedure to work. Make a backup of your current
configuration first as recommended!

After rebooting the SonicWall router, everything came up and the Vista
based laptop connected right away with no more errors. Thanks to the
person who made this suggestion in another post (couldn't find that post
again..)

--
CurtSzal
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: VISTA Wireless Connection IP Resolve Problems
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net