Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Netgear Adapter and Error Message

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TUpKT1M=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Netgear Adapter and Error Message
Hi there,

Just installed Vista ultimate 32-bit as an upgrade from my XP SP2. I did an
in-place install. When I start up vista, an error message comes up, with a
title of "wlancfg5.exe - Entry Point Not Found", The error message then
reads, "The Procedure Entry Point DnsDhcpRegisterInit could not be located in
the dynamic link library DNSAPI.dll." So I click OK on that, then it comes up
saying "NetgearCUv2 MFC Application has stopped working. A problem caused
the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and
notify you if a solution is available." The I have to click Close Program on
that. I am using a Netgear 54 Mbps Wirless PCI Adapter 32-bit WG311 v3. It
will not connect to my network. If I look at it in my device manager it says
under device status "The Device Could Not Be Started (Code 10)". When I try
to install the vista beta drivers for it from the netgear website, it says it
locates the driver files, but can not install them because the device could
not be started (Code 10).

So I think that first error message is the reason why the adapter wont
start. If it wont start I cannot install the vista drivers. So i'm stuck.

Any Advice?

Thanks,
MJJOS.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2007
jls_nospam@tiscali.fr
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Netgear Adapter and Error Message
I have the same problem.
Anybody solved this point ?

JLS557


On 1 fév, 14:20, MJJOS <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Just installedVistaultimate 32-bit as an upgrade from my XP SP2. I did an
> in-place install. When I start upvista, an error message comes up, with a
> title of "wlancfg5.exe - Entry Point Not Found", The error message then
> reads, "The Procedure Entry Point DnsDhcpRegisterInit could not be located in
> the dynamic link library DNSAPI.dll." So I click OK on that, then it comes up
> saying "NetgearCUv2 MFC Application has stopped working. A problem caused
> the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and
> notify you if a solution is available." The I have to click Close Programon
> that. I am using a Netgear 54 Mbps Wirless PCI Adapter 32-bitWG311v3. It
> will not connect to my network. If I look at it in my device manager it says
> under device status "The Device Could Not Be Started (Code 10)". When I try
> to install thevistabeta drivers for it from the netgear website, it says it
> locates the driver files, but can not install them because the device could
> not be started (Code 10).
>
> So I think that first error message is the reason why the adapter wont
> start. If it wont start I cannot install thevistadrivers. So i'm stuck.
>
> Any Advice?
>
> Thanks,
> MJJOS.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2007
=?Utf-8?B?V09aSA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Netgear Adapter and Error Message
Same problem here.
After doing a search on google, it seems that there is some IRQ or I/O
conflict, Since I'm no computer guy, I've no idea how to fix to conflict. It
seems to me that there is a random assignment of IRQ at start up which may
cause the adaptor not to be assigned an IRQ and the device won't work. So
what I do is I keep restarting my comp till the device is assigned an IRQ...
not the best of solutions.

Maybe someone can give a dependable solution.

"jls_nospam@tiscali.fr" wrote:

> I have the same problem.
> Anybody solved this point ?
>
> JLS557
>
>
> On 1 fév, 14:20, MJJOS <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Just installedVistaultimate 32-bit as an upgrade from my XP SP2. I did an
> > in-place install. When I start upvista, an error message comes up, with a
> > title of "wlancfg5.exe - Entry Point Not Found", The error message then
> > reads, "The Procedure Entry Point DnsDhcpRegisterInit could not be located in
> > the dynamic link library DNSAPI.dll." So I click OK on that, then it comes up
> > saying "NetgearCUv2 MFC Application has stopped working. A problem caused
> > the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and
> > notify you if a solution is available." The I have to click Close Program on
> > that. I am using a Netgear 54 Mbps Wirless PCI Adapter 32-bitWG311v3. It
> > will not connect to my network. If I look at it in my device manager it says
> > under device status "The Device Could Not Be Started (Code 10)". When I try
> > to install thevistabeta drivers for it from the netgear website, it says it
> > locates the driver files, but can not install them because the device could
> > not be started (Code 10).
> >
> > So I think that first error message is the reason why the adapter wont
> > start. If it wont start I cannot install thevistadrivers. So i'm stuck.
> >
> > Any Advice?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > MJJOS.

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2007
abhy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Netgear Adapter and Error Message

I have a download link for u to download the latest utility & driver
file,
which supports *Windows VISTA*.........

*_NOTE_* - This is a direct download link, hence download will begin
as soon as u paste this link & press OK. The file is 10.06 MB in size.

ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/wg...eta1_setup.zip


--
abhy
------------------------------------------------------------------------
abhy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24302
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=671588

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:36.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120