DHCP Client & Classless Static Routes

David Redmond

DHCP Client & Classless Static Routes
Hi All,

I am currently testing Vista Business and have run into a problem with
the Vista DHCP client.

Our DHCP server uses option 249 to assign classless network routes via
DHCP. Under previous flavours of Windows this has been working fine,
however with Vista the static routes are not added to the route table.

I have googled, searched news group and scoured every possible IT
resource I can think of without success. Does anyone know of a solution
to this problem?

Thanks,
David
=?Utf-8?B?ZnJlZA==?=

RE: DHCP Client & Classless Static Routes
>Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Service Pack 1? Now open for Beta nominations.....

RamaSubbu SK

Re: DHCP Client & Classless Static Routes
Make you don;t have any duplicate CSR. Can you send us the netmon sniffers
to find out the problem ?

Thanks
-RamaSubbu SK

"David Redmond" <david.redmond@intergaph.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am currently testing Vista Business and have run into a problem with the
> Vista DHCP client.
>
> Our DHCP server uses option 249 to assign classless network routes via
> DHCP. Under previous flavours of Windows this has been working fine,
> however with Vista the static routes are not added to the route table.
>
> I have googled, searched news group and scoured every possible IT resource
> I can think of without success. Does anyone know of a solution to this
> problem?
>
> Thanks,
> David

David Redmond

Re: DHCP Client & Classless Static Routes
Hi,

The network ranges we are assigning do not overlap.

I have discovered the issue which is that only one CSR is accepted by
the Vista DHCP client. If there is more than one CSRs being assigned
via DHCP then no entries are made to the route table.

It sounds like something has been changed to accomodate NAP which has
broken this functionality.

Thanks,
David

RamaSubbu SK wrote:
> Make you don;t have any duplicate CSR. Can you send us the netmon
> sniffers to find out the problem ?
>
> Thanks
> -RamaSubbu SK
>
> "David Redmond" <david.redmond@intergaph.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am currently testing Vista Business and have run into a problem with
>> the Vista DHCP client.
>>
>> Our DHCP server uses option 249 to assign classless network routes via
>> DHCP. Under previous flavours of Windows this has been working fine,
>> however with Vista the static routes are not added to the route table.
>>
>> I have googled, searched news group and scoured every possible IT
>> resource I can think of without success. Does anyone know of a
>> solution to this problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David

RamaSubbu SK

Re: DHCP Client & Classless Static Routes
Yes, this is basically. if you have any duplicate entries in the CSRs, no
further routes will be plumbed.
Yes, this is a issue and will be fixed in SP1.

-RamaSubbu SK

"David Redmond" <david.redmond@intergraph.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The network ranges we are assigning do not overlap.
>
> I have discovered the issue which is that only one CSR is accepted by the
> Vista DHCP client. If there is more than one CSRs being assigned via DHCP
> then no entries are made to the route table.
>
> It sounds like something has been changed to accomodate NAP which has
> broken this functionality.
>
> Thanks,
> David
>

> RamaSubbu SK wrote:
>> Make you don;t have any duplicate CSR. Can you send us the netmon
>> sniffers to find out the problem ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> -RamaSubbu SK
>>
>> "David Redmond" <david.redmond@intergaph.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am currently testing Vista Business and have run into a problem with
>>> the Vista DHCP client.
>>>
>>> Our DHCP server uses option 249 to assign classless network routes via
>>> DHCP. Under previous flavours of Windows this has been working fine,
>>> however with Vista the static routes are not added to the route table.
>>>
>>> I have googled, searched news group and scoured every possible IT
>>> resource I can think of without success. Does anyone know of a solution
>>> to this problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> David