Vista and Terminal Services

=?Utf-8?B?SnVwaXRlciBHdXk=?=

Vista and Terminal Services
I need to know if all or only a certain version of Vista will support
Terminal Services?
Kerry Brown

Re: Vista and Terminal Services
Only Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate support remote desktop.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Jupiter Guy" <Jupiter Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to know if all or only a certain version of Vista will support
> Terminal Services?

Dave R.

Re: Vista and Terminal Services

"Jupiter Guy" <Jupiter Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to know if all or only a certain version of Vista will support
> Terminal Services?

You can use remote desktop from any Vista version, but you cannot remote
desktop into the Home versions, only Business, Enterprise and Ultimate.

Regards,

Dave

Sooner Al [MVP]

> Only Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate support remote desktop.
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "Jupiter Guy" <Jupiter Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I need to know if all or only a certain version of Vista will support
>> Terminal Services?

To clarify you can only use Vista Ultimate, Enterprise and Business as a
Remote Desktop host.

You can use Vista Home editions and Ultimate, Enterprise and Business as
Remote Desktop clients...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

=?Utf-8?B?SnVwaXRlciBHdXk=?=

Re: Vista and Terminal Services
Thank you.

"Dave R." wrote:

> "Jupiter Guy" <Jupiter Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need to know if all or only a certain version of Vista will support
> > Terminal Services?

> You can use remote desktop from any Vista version, but you cannot remote
> desktop into the Home versions, only Business, Enterprise and Ultimate.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

=?Utf-8?B?SnVwaXRlciBHdXk=?=

Re: Vista and Terminal Services
Thank you for responding.

"Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

> > Only Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate support remote desktop.
> >
> > --
> > Kerry Brown
> > Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> > http://www.vistahelp.ca
> >

> > "Jupiter Guy" <Jupiter Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I need to know if all or only a certain version of Vista will support
> >> Terminal Services?

> To clarify you can only use Vista Ultimate, Enterprise and Business as a
> Remote Desktop host.
>
> You can use Vista Home editions and Ultimate, Enterprise and Business as
> Remote Desktop clients...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> mutual benefit of all of us...
> rights...

=?Utf-8?B?SnVwaXRlciBHdXk=?=

Re: Vista and Terminal Services
Thanks.

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> Only Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate support remote desktop.
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "Jupiter Guy" <Jupiter Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need to know if all or only a certain version of Vista will support
> > Terminal Services?

Kerry Brown

Re: Vista and Terminal Services
You're right. I should have clarified that.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

>> Only Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate support remote desktop.
>>
>> --
>> Kerry Brown
>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>>

>> "Jupiter Guy" <Jupiter Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I need to know if all or only a certain version of Vista will support
>>> Terminal Services?

> To clarify you can only use Vista Ultimate, Enterprise and Business as a
> Remote Desktop host.
>
> You can use Vista Home editions and Ultimate, Enterprise and Business as
> Remote Desktop clients...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> mutual benefit of all of us...
> rights...

=?Utf-8?B?bWljaGFlbA==?=

Re: Vista and Terminal Services
I've experienced connection problems when attempting to connect from Vista
Ultimate Remote Desktop to an XP Remote Desktop. Never had the problem when
going from XP to XP. Any known reason why the Vista shouldn't be able to log
onto an XP remote session?

--
Michael Hockstein

"Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

> > Only Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate support remote desktop.
> >
> > --
> > Kerry Brown
> > Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> > http://www.vistahelp.ca
> >

> > "Jupiter Guy" <Jupiter Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I need to know if all or only a certain version of Vista will support
> >> Terminal Services?

> To clarify you can only use Vista Ultimate, Enterprise and Business as a
> Remote Desktop host.
>
> You can use Vista Home editions and Ultimate, Enterprise and Business as
> Remote Desktop clients...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> mutual benefit of all of us...
> rights...

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Vista and Terminal Services
We need more information to help. What's the error message? Can you ping the XP by IP? Can you telnet the port 3389?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE